Lion Hunt

FireFighter32

Hi Guy's,
New to the forum. I am in Michigan and coming out to Orofino Towards the end of February 2020. I am going with an outfitter and was told that the bigger cats come down from the mountains around that time. This will be my first and probably last cat hunt because of the cost. I was just wondering if I made the right choice to go in Late February? Thanks for any info.

Sounds like the outfitter needed to fill a spot the end of February. Wouldn?t the big cats be down where the majority of the food source is located and the smaller cats be left on the fringe looking for scraps?

Not a cat hunter and I think you are best taking advice from those with experience, but one simple truth from years of reading is that it's best to hunt cats with snow and February in N Idaho usually has a good chance of getting snow. Not sure Feb would be much better than Jan, but you aren't hunting in July.

I WT hunt around Kooskia, and while cats are very very rarely seen, I know that general area is known to have a lot of deer and cats.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom