Like LUMPY I've been thinking too.

wileywapati

Very Active Member
First off DC my bad on the Unibomber.. Sincerest Apologies.

Here is the great brainstorm of a bald fat guy.

In order to increase funding for Wildlife and everything that goes in to managing herds I would propose the following.

1. Keep the Conservation Permit Program with 100% of all monies generated going to the Division. No more public subsidies to the Org's. Other States, such as Arizona work this way just fine.
Cap permits at 250 total in the pool. 10%+ increase.

2. Keep either the Expo Tags or set aside a certain percentage of permits that would have no bonus points or waiting periods. Once in a lifetime rule would still apply. The Division would conduct the draw just like they did before they contracted with the Nevada company. True random draw and each person could apply for each species they are eligible for. The Division would keep 100% of the application and permit fees. Prisoners used to do this work at the point of the mountain. Increase will vary.

3. Keep the CWMU program. If a CWMU Operator allows 25% of their permits to public draw hunters they keep 100% of the proceeds from the sale of the States Wildlife to their paying clients. If a CWMU operator falls below the 75% - 25% they would pay a sales tax to the Division of 10% on each permit sold to private clients. This tax would be set aside in a fund to repay landowners that have legitimate damage to their property caused by the states wildlife. If after 1 year a private landowner will not allow public hunters on their property to help mitigate damage the payment will cease. Increase will vary.

Flame away I cant wait.

2010 TOTALS
P.E.T.A. = 0 HUNTERS GONE
UTAH WILDLIFE BOARD = 13,000 HUNTERS GONE

A couple of things here WW - #1. I hope you're feeling better so we can get down to business here!:D #2 It's my understanding that everything in #2 exists now except for the allocation of funds and the OIL. I would support the OIL but I think you would still need to compensate for expenses and I don't think that the entry fees cover the cost of the expo. As for the CWMU program, everything you stated there already exists. I'm not sure what the percentage is as far as Public/Private tags but the sale of these tags is already taxed. The tags that I bought and sold were assessed the state of Utah income tax. I think that it's a great idea for existing tax on these tags to be dedicated back to wildlife but you know that takes a literal act of congress to get done.

Ha! I didn't leave you much to argue with over now did I! And who are you calling old? If you're old, what am I?

It's always an adventure!!!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-11 AT 10:12PM (MST)[p]I like it all. Just one more thought.

4. SHOOTING OF DOE'S WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EVER BE CONDUCTED UNTIL WE HAVE 500,000 CONFIRMED HEAD OF DEER.

# 5:Under NO Circumstances will there be Young BUCKS/BULLS Slaughtered on LE Units or any Units/Regions in the State of Utah ever again!

# 6:Under NO Circumstances will Cow Slaughters be allowed for nothing more than them being turned in to a $$$ commodity ever again in any Units/Regions in the State of Utah!

# 7:Two or Three New LE Elk Units need to be put in place for the PISSCUTTIN/Opportunists,let all of them buy a Tag every damn year,let them manage it as they please,let them have 2-3 year old age objectives as they wish,let there be 'ORANGE EVERYWHERE',let them POUND IT as they Please,let them kill anything with Milk on its Lipps,Let them be proud to manage a few Units as they wish!

Want me to keep going?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom