lifts for trucks

Robiland

Very Active Member
I would love a lift for my truck. I have 2003 Gmc Duramax. I have had since new. Time for a change. It only has 89,000 miles on it. I am not looking for anything huge. I just want 1 size bigger tires. Currently run bf goodrich 285/75.

What lift could I get and a price I am looking at. Good quality lift but not a whizzing load of $$$.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-12 AT 07:32PM (MST)[p]A 4 inch lift costs the same as a 6. Your next step is a 35 inch tire which requires some big modifications...

A 4 inch will only get you on 33s without rubbing. a 285 is just shy of 33 tall... you're looking at a few grand to get the lift and installed plus tires..

I had a 05 with a cst 6 to 8, it was a great lift and looked awesome! Write front end parts and took alot of functionality from it... I traded it on a stock duramax and put a leveling kit and 285s. Honestly I wouldn't go back to a lift....

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Lift it and you'll regret it unless you're trying to keep fat girls out of your truck!

Traditional >>>------->

Take the money burning a hole in your wallet and buy a new rifle. When you get tired of the rifle you can always get your money back out of it.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I had a 2002 GMC duramax that I put a 6" RCD lift on and 35" tires. i still had to cut away the corners of the front bumper to keep from rubbing. I will say this was one of the dumbest things I ever did. It did look good and I dont really think it hurt the ride too much but when I look at the money I spent just to get a truck that looked good. The shine really wore off when the rear drivers side wheel came off on the I-80. I ended up replacing the whole rear end. I spent $1,000's on wheels and tires to try to get a decent wheel that would balance worth a crap. Heck for all the money I spent on that truck I could have paid for Mountain Goat hunt in BC. I will never do it again. Trust me, hindsight is 20/20. It is a waste of money just for the sake of vanity.

Thanks for all the advise and PM's. I think you all helped me make my decision for me. I think I will stay away from it for now. I definately could use the money on a new bow or something productive.

For the money you would have spent, you could buy an old jeep to use off road. Then, you wouldn't have to worry if it broke.

? I remember when Rancho was the BOMB? They still out there? I havent heard of them in FOREVER!

Forget the lifts, spend the money on more hunts, guns and making memories.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

I do lifts and they are a waste of money ,UNLESS you are buying them from me then they are the best deal you could do. LOL
Keep the money and you will love yourself.
anyone looking for 3 1/2 in. lift for 02-06 wrangler.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Lifting any truck with IFS and using it offroad will eventually turn into a nightmare. I learned that the hard way(3 cv shafts, 2 automatic hubs, and way to many bushings). I finally realized the problems weren't going to stop so I ripped out the IFS and put a solid axle under my truck and havent had any issues since.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom