license cost Chart

nfh

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-14 AT 09:04PM (MST)[p]With all this talk about putting full price down for bison and tag fees going up I got to thinking.

Is there a chart that compares tag prices to every state? I would like to see one to share at work

The reason I got to thinking is talking to the guys at work 90% of them said Wyoming has one of the highest resident prices.

Others say hey if your a resident then low price should be for a resident.

And I do know a couple of residents that can not afford tags or hunting supplies. I buy 4 extra doe tags and donate the meat to them.

others said if a non-resident doesn't like the price then stay home. well others say hey it brings revenue.

Personally I don't mind paying a little more as a resident if the game and fish can manage money right. Im not going to say they DO or DONT. I don't have a chart showing where every penny is spent.

I apply for most western states and WY is by far the most expensive on average for both building points and buying the tag once you draw.

That's okay, fine, no gripes from me. but cut the quota in half and raise prices again and even I will have to step back and refigure my strategy. that is what some people don't seem to understand.

Stay thirsty my friends

I looked up Idaho's fees since I've often thought about taking my daughter whitetail hunting in northern ID. Here's a brief comparison between the two state's resident fees.

ID Res Deer - 19.75
WY Res Deer - 38.00

ID Res Jr. Deer - 10.75
WY Res Youth Deer - 15.00

ID Res Elk - 30.75
WY Res Elk - 52.00

ID Res JR Elk - 16.50
WY Youth Elk - 25.00

ID Res Bear - 11.50
WY Res Bear - 45.00

ID Res Jr Bear - 6.75
WY Youth Bear - 45.00

Idaho also requires a hunting license.
Wyoming requires a conservation stamp and in western WY you need to buy an elk food stamp.

Wyoming is most certainly more expensive than Idaho for residents.

You can look up all the NR fees real easily on that thing called the internet.

Same with how the WYGF spends their money, very detailed information is available.

>You can look up all the
>NR fees real easily on
>that thing called the internet.
>
>
>Same with how the WYGF spends
>their money, very detailed information
>is available.

Ya I got that, but I would like to see a chart of every single state. Not go to every flipping states page{ 12 hours later tic toc tic toc tic toc tic toc tic toc}

>I looked up Idaho's fees since
>I've often thought about taking
>my daughter whitetail hunting in
>northern ID. Here's a brief
>comparison between the two state's
>resident fees.
>
>ID Res Deer - 19.75
>WY Res Deer - 38.00
>
>ID Res Jr. Deer - 10.75
>
>WY Res Youth Deer - 15.00
>
>
>ID Res Elk - 30.75
>WY Res Elk - 52.00
>
>ID Res JR Elk - 16.50
>
>WY Youth Elk - 25.00
>
>ID Res Bear - 11.50
>WY Res Bear - 45.00
>
>ID Res Jr Bear - 6.75
>
>WY Youth Bear - 45.00
>
>Idaho also requires a hunting license.
>
>Wyoming requires a conservation stamp and
>in western WY you need
>to buy an elk food
>stamp.
>
>Wyoming is most certainly more expensive
>than Idaho for residents.

Idaho also gives Seniors a break as well, Combo hunting & fishing is $11.50, Elk tag $16.50, and a Deer tag is $10.75!!

Thanks for the link.... this is just a conversation for work. I like to hear everyone's different thoughts at work

Nothing wrong with some work talk...if those doing the talking know what they're talking about.

Apparently not so much as some of them claimed WY had the most expensive Resident Fees.

I suggest you do more of the talking...by saying less and pointing out the actual FACTS.

Be a leader...

That's the problem. Everyone ones info is he said she said. Some people are pretty hard headed. Like gettin thrown into the lions den..I know I don't know everything. But I am trying to pull everyone's head out the sand on some subjects

LAST EDITED ON Feb-17-14 AT 05:49PM (MST)[p]Well it looks like DZ was actually reading the initial post instead of just talking out their arse. Buzz you need to pay a little more attention to what is asked. You're talking down to people again.

Julius

I was trying to use all general season pricing. You could go high end on other states also. Several of the states have tiered pricing for premium units. I think that the question is about opportunity.

DZ

Good chart and I can see your view about Utah since LE tags are a small % compared to general. But in WY there is a 60-40 split for NR and that includes units R buy as general tags therefore the "average" general NR tag is about 25-30% higher. It is getting harder to draw a lot of the cheap tags without a point even in generall areas.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-14 AT 08:49AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-14 AT 08:47?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-14 AT 08:46?AM (MST)

Benhuntn,

I provided the exact same data in the link on my post...maybe YOU should pay attention.

Try scrolling down past page one. The data there is a lot more complete as it covers all the Western States, as well as all species. Both a comparison of NR and R fees.

Now, apologize and quit talking out of your arse.

Just sayin'...

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-14 AT 12:20PM (MST)[p]The last 4 pages of that PDF are great (shows the numbers for 2013 for both residents and non-residents by species), but I think they need to include the higher priced tags in some states to be more correct. It is an excellent comparison on the lower priced tags though.

The problem with all these charts is the comparison of apples to oranges. Some states have an upfront license, some don't, while others have preference points (and fees), etc. In addition there are different prices for LE versus General, or in the case of WY the regular draw vs. the special. And then there are those like MT and WA where you have to buy a group (combination) of licenses, even if you only want one.
In a few states you can make a direct comparison, but very few. You really have to look at your own special circumstances and see how the tags you are after compare. The chart in the link was put together to support only one view of this comparison, and is not entirely accurate. None of them are - that is my point.
Bill

We have been having some interesting views at the BS table.. Its been a windy week at work and in the oil field we get shut down for that for safety reasons.

But anyway here is some of views that were said . Sit back and enjoy. The views below were not stated from my mouth. If anyone here would like me to pass any info/facts or links please do. I will print and take to work to try and spread some info.. I fly out of state tomorrow for a week so it will be a week until I can pass info out.

I listed a few on the top of my head. wolves/elk/antelope/deer/grizzly were all discussed to

1. Wyoming has the highest resident price out of any state
2. Wyoming has one of the lowest prices
3. Wyoming doesn't charge enough for non-residents
4. Wyoming residents should be treated better
5. Non-residents pay to much
6. Non-resident complain to much and if they don't like the price then don't hunt here
7. Wyoming should have preference points for other big game
8. Take more tags away from non-residents and give more to residents
9.Have different license fees such as if you make a low income you get a reduce rate
10. a couple guys said close elk season for a year completely
11.keep the prices where they are
12. how come some guys get a hard LQ elk tag every year but I haven't for years. Does this guy pay off the game and fish.{seriously this was said}

Let me tell you guys there was some screaming going on between some guys. Don't get me wrong I like all the guys and it was interesting to hear everyone's thoughts. It amazes me how people are uninformed. AND YES I AM ONE OF THEM GUYS THAT DOESNT KNOW EVERY TOPIC . I HAVENT READ EVERYTHING.
Most guys didn't even know that you have to pay full price for bison now.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom