Liberals supporting the 2nd amendment?

"There is a deeply progressive historical basis for some individual right to bear arms,"
An oxymoron right there. How can anything historic be progressive?

TR was a progressive, and he is part of history. in fact if your a hunter it should be an fond part of it.

He was a part of history, but being progressive means progressing from something. You can't progress from something and be based in history.

I am NO fan of TR! HE started this country down the progressive road that Obama is trying to complete.

Yea, Im sure your not, but back to your original point, I think the quote was in reference to the political meaning of the word progressive.

>Yea, Im sure your not,
>but back to your original
>point, I think the
>quote was in reference to
>the political meaning of the
>word progressive.

So was mine. Look up what the progressive movement is all about, it is all about progressing AWAY from the Constitution as it was founded. The same moron went on later in the article to call the Constitution a "living document", showing his true beliefs and ignorance of the Constitution.

Im glad your an expert and you know its a dead document. And about your hatred for Teddy Roosevelt, what are you doing on a hunting site?

ALL documents are dead! They are pieces of paper. Hello!

As for not being a fan of TR and being on a hunting site, I didn't know there was a litmus test one must pass before being considered a hunter or a sportsman.

I admit you got me, paper is dead. No litmus test here, just different strokes for different folks, I guess.

piper......hoytme is right

You can be an avid hunter and not be a fan of TR. I do like some of TR's policies, but he was a "progressive" in many of his other policies. Those policies (his progressive policies) I am not a fan of, but I am an avid hunter. Just because TR hunted, does not mean he was not a progressive.

As hoytme said, some of TR's policies were right in line with Obama....except Obama's I believe are a litle mor radical.

Also, the Constitution is "not" a living document to be changed on a whim. It was never intended by the Founding Fathers to be changed by the popular opinion of the decade.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom