LEUPOLD SPEEDIAL VERSUS CDS?

B

B_BOP_A_LU_LU

Just wondering if there is somebody out here in MM land that has first hand Experience with the LEUPOLD 'SpeeDial' & 'CDS' Scopes?

Pro's?

Con's?

Does the SpeeDial have a Yardage Turret and does Leupold match it to your Gun/Bullet?

On the LEUPOLD 63160 I can't really see/find a picture of exactly how it works?

Thanks in advance,I'm not really looking for your HoneyHoles!:D

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

I have a leupold vxiii that I just sent in for a custom elevation turret and then had them put a CDS dial for the windage so that the dial didn't stick out the side so far. The elevation dial is for my ballistics but the CDS dial is just in MOA. Love this set up.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-31-11 AT 03:31PM (MST)[p]I hear ya marley!

Niether The CDS or the SpeedDial Stick up very far!

Looking for somebody that has experience with both of them for comparisons/likes/dislikes!

Anybody know if the SpeedDial is marked in Yards/Yardage?

I only have experience with the Leupold custom-made elevation dial. It sticks up a bit BUT (my only concern) IT WORKS!! At 300 yds, it's a little low and at 700, it's little high but it works. I can kill rock chucks at both distances....if I miss a buck or bull, it is operator (not equipment) error.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Anybody?

B-Bop,

I have a new CDS, but I am still working up my loads so I can send Leupold my data to have it marked. So I don't really have anything to tell you other than I have bought into it and I hope it works.
I have an older style turret Leupold on my 300wsm and I love it except I hate how tall the turrets are. That is why I went with the CDS with my new gun.
I am glad to share info as soon as I have any!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom