Leupold RX1000i TBR - spread ?

DonVathome

Very Active Member
No manual online, what sizes can this rangefinder measure for antler spread?

The old B&C IV could measure 20"-60" or so.

Thanks!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-28-12 AT 06:51PM (MST)[p]It doesn't have that function
Ill be home shortly and send you a link to a manual

From Leupold website:

"Trophy Scale RX:

Select RX models let you instantly and accurately judge the width and/or height of a target using Trophy Scale. To be used properly, you must enter the width/height measurement you would like to use as a baseline. Once the baseline Trophy Scale value has been saved, the Trophy Scale bracketing system will automatically adjust to changing distances to the target. Trophy Scale? lets you know if your target measures up."

I tried HARD to find this manual atLeupold and other places with no luck! Annoying.

I got the B&C IV and it was great except the TBR did not work, always showed same distance - no recalc for angle. They cannot fix it or send me a new one! They have offered me another rangefinder so far.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-28-12 AT 11:36PM (MST)[p]Those are the Rx units, not the new "i" version. They re worked the rx, removing the ballistics calcs from the bow mode, and leaving 2 other modes, line of sight, and the rifle "tbr" mode which is angle calc for rifles. The TBR mode requires you to pick a drop chart and the unit uses this to add ballistics modifications to the angle cosine value, giving you a shot distance.

So, there are 3 modes to the 1000i
Bow; distance * the angle cosine
straight line distance; no angle comp
TBR; bullet drop ballistics info is used to modify the angle cosine.

As I mentioned in my email, I haven't had time to run thru all the TBR drop charts to see how much the true cosine is modified.

Additionally, when in rifle TBR mode, you choose the display method, ie;

basic, this is the newly calculated distance
hold, inches of hold over
mil, mill rad hold over
moa, minutes of angle hold over

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom