Leupold Rx II??

O

OutBackG5

I was wondering if anyone uses the Leupold Rx II? I am about to purchase a rangefinder and im having trouble making up my mind on which one to get. I have heard good and bad about the Rx II. I was just wondering what low priced rangefinder would be the best?

Outback

I read the reviews for the Rx II on Cabela's web site and they seemed mixed, but swayed towards the bad side. Since this unit was my first choice, I decided to go to the local Cabela's store and speak with a rep to get a bit more information. I had also considered the simple and less expensive Bushnell's and the Cabela's brand which are made by Bushnell after reading the Leupold reviews so I asked the rep to compare the models.

The rep leaned me towards the Bushnell's, but he said the Leupold's were a great model if you took the time to set it up properly. He also said to really stay away from the Leupold III and IV models as they have had several returns on them, but the II's were really pretty good.

I looked through both the Bushnell's and the Leupold II's and decided to purhcased the Leupold II. I really took the time to read the instructions and set it up properly and in the end I found that the set up is really quite easy once you get the hang of it. I now understand all the settings and how to change them quickly.

The operation is really quick. Once you obtain a target, the read out is almost instant and the clearity of the view is also great. I am not sure of the accuracy yet, as I have not had time to put it to the test, but from my limited time with it, I would say its pretty good.

Everyone says the Bushnell's are a great tool but they do not have any extras built in. They are just a simple tool that works great. The Cabela's / Bushnell's are really big and require two hands to operate so I 86'd that option right away.

Not a lot of help, but its what I know. If you decide on the Leupold II's, take the time to read before you play with it.

264X300

hey, I have had the RX-II's for about a year or so now. you must set it up, took me about 30 minutes but I am not smart. after I was done this thing is amazing, it tell you actually too many things, angle, temp, heck everything you could ever want to know- it tells you. it is clear, and after set up it freaking rocks. I also was told not to buy the RX 3 or 4 they are not all that great and are alot harder to setup. you cannot go wrong with the RXII.

Proud White Man !!!!!
M WAITE, AZ.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom