Leupold RX-1000 TBR

W

wyoelkchaser

Has anyone used one of these yet? I have an older Leica 900 that is needing replaced and am considering this rangefinder. It is supposed to be a lot better than their first rangefinders, but haven't been able to find many reviews.

Thanks in advance.

I just got one a few weeks ago, so I can't say too much. It does seem to consistantly range a sagebrush hillside, deer, or other "soft" targets out to 600-700 yards or so; and past 1000 for a good target. The red display is great for lowlight, but somewhat hard to see in bright light. When my crappy bushnell went out, I debated between the leica crf and the rx-1000, went with the rx-1000 mainly because of the angle compensation.

Loopy range finders have had a bad rep for sometime; hopefully the new ones are better. I've had good luch with my RX-IV for the last 3 years. I hunt on the steep stuff so the TBR output is invaluable to me.

I've had the RX-2 since 2007 and feel that it is one of my most valuable pieces of hunting equipment. I use it during archery and it accurately compensated the angle on two deer I shot at extreme angles. I don't know about the newer models but the RX-2 is great. fatrooster.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom