Leupold Golden Ring Spotting Scope? Any good?

flyingbrass

Is the Golden Ring spotter any good? I returned my Leupold Sequoia because it was not good. I can get a good deal on the Golden Ring or save another year and get a Swaro STS 65?
cold dead hands

im on my 3rd leupold spotting scope. first was a 30x60 not very clear, next was 15-30 x50 compact better to pack but still not happy with the clarity. these both were the gold ring , then i bought the 12-40 x60 now im happy. its heavyer to pack, but it is allot clearer. its not the hd model. i compared it side by side next to a swaro. last year. the swaro. was better no doubt, but as for the price difference only you can chose. i have 10x42 els, so i know what clear optics are like.also if the swaro scope was a big difference to me, i would have bought one.

I own an HD and love it. Great quality and clarity. As stated before the difference in clarity from the Leica and Swaros didn't justify the difference in price. Just my opinion.

I have the same one mdbrown has. Its a very clear scope with a good field of view and brightness. After comparing it at that time to anything else of similar quality, the price was my deciding factor. The swaro was great but for what I use it for the leupold gold ring was fine and much cheaper.

BigBulls,

whats the story with the Gold Ring you would be willing to part with? Is it the 12-40? If so, PM me. Thanks.

Strawberry

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom