Leupold? Golden Ring? HD Binoculars

I bought a pair of 10x32's for my wife on our anniversary last year, and I think for the money they are a great piece of glass.

I recently bought a pair of 10x42's and compared them to my 10x trinvid, Zen ED2, and the neighbor's SLC's. I put them slightly better than the trinovid/SLC, and ever so slightly behind the ED2. The GR HD's are very well built, great glass, and 95% of anything out there. I prefer them to the meopta also due to the thin eypieces on the meopta which don't fit me well. At $599 after rebate the GR HD's are a no brainer to me.

I recently purchased and returned a pair of Leupold Gold Rings to Cabelas. I looked at nearly every pair of binos I could get my hands on for over two months. The only pair of optics that I looked through that I thought was better then the Leupold GR was the new Swarvoski Swarovisions and the EL's. I was sold on the GR until I got out in to the field to use them. Once again opticaly they were assume I just did not like the amount of presure they made on the side of my nose. I could look through my Leupold Cascades longer then I could the GR because of the pressure. Unfurtunatly I returned them and I am once again back on the market for the next best deal.

By the way the Cabelas Lehi store has them on sale for $200.00 buck off (599.99)pluse a $100.00 mail in factory rebate. That's would put you right at the $500.00 mark for one of the best optics out there. If the GR fit you better then they did me you can not go wrong with that deal.

400bull

You can not attach the Leupold GR to a tripode. Leupold removed the screw and replaced it with an adjustment lock instead. The lock makes it nice so that the binos are always in the right (or close to the right) possions when you bring them up to glass through. I do not use the tripode attachement much so it did not make or break the deal for me. If you use the tripode attachment alot the GR are not the binos for you.

400bull

Just bought a pair myself. I agree, for the price, the quality is unmatched. I myself looked through a bunch of different glasses and found these to be very viable option to the swaro's.

>By the way the Cabelas Lehi
>store has them on sale
>for $200.00 buck off (599.99)pluse
>a $100.00 mail in factory
>rebate. That's would put you
>right at the $500.00 mark
>for one of the best
>optics out there. If the
>GR fit you better then
>they did me you can
>not go wrong with that
>deal.
>
>400bull

Is this deal only good "at the store". Becasue I don't see that same deal on the website? I might have to go look through them goldrings again if I can get them in that $500 range.
Thanks

I believe it is an in store only sale. I recieved an ad in the mail last week, I believe the sale was good through this weekend (March 31).

400bull

>I believe it is an in
>store only sale. I recieved
>an ad in the mail
>last week, I believe the
>sale was good through this
>weekend (March 31).
>
>400bull

Good deal. Thanks.

FYI, you can use tripod adaptors for the GR HD's, it just needs to be one of those types that use a velcro tie down instead of the screw in type. Not a big deal.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom