leupold Gold Rings

509hunter

been looking at a lot of bino's at like the Gold Rings, can anyone tell me what they think about them the ups and downs? Thanks

They are great binos and built like a tank. A little on the heavy side but the optics are world class if you get the HD model. I highly recommend them. A few weeks ago they had a great sale on them at cabelas. The price has come up a hundred bucks or so, but they are still on sale.

http://tinyurl.com/38jz6bv

dryfly is correct.....world class glass, very well built, famous Leupold warranty and service. What's not to like? I compared mine directly to some other glass I had available, the SLC, ZEn ED2, EL, and trinovid. The Zen's were very slightly brighter, but the colors through the GR's just popped out at me...amazing view. It was noticably better than the SLC and trinovid, and ever so slightly behind the EL, although the GR will be much tougher than the EL as we've trashed two pair of EL's in the past two years. The heavier weight helps me hold them steadier, so I think that's a plus.

I've been in the market now for some time trying to find my next pair of binos. In fact I actually walked out of Cabalas not to long ago with a pair of the GR's but I had to return them after having them for a couple days. Make note I did not return them because of optical clarity. As far as clarity is concerned the only other optics that I have tried that out preformed the GR's was the Swarovski EL's. I hated returning them but they were not for me. I don't know why I did not notice it while comparing them at the store but for the life of me I could not get the interpupillarity (spelling sorry) set right. No matter how much I tired I would always see the black ring in the center of my view. If you can get the GR's set so they fit your eyes I highly doubt that you'll find a better pair of glasses for the money.

400bull

>I've been in the market now
>for some time trying to
>find my next pair of
>binos. In fact I actually
>walked out of Cabalas not
>to long ago with a
>pair of the GR's but
>I had to return them
>after having them for a
>couple days. Make note I
>did not return them because
>of optical clarity. As far
>as clarity is concerned the
>only other optics that I
>have tried that out preformed
>the GR's was the Swarovski
>EL's. I hated returning them
>but they were not for
>me. I don't know why
>I did not notice it
>while comparing them at the
>store but for the life
>of me I could not
>get the interpupillarity (spelling sorry)
>set right. No matter how
>much I tired I would
>always see the black ring
>in the center of my
>view. If you can get
>the GR's set so they
>fit your eyes I highly
>doubt that you'll find a
>better pair of glasses for
>the money.
>
>400bull

That's a prime example of why I suggest people try as many binos first hand as they can before making a decision and plopping down their hard earned cash. Because what might look and feel great for me, might be completely wrong for you.

Foreman

The funny thing is I never noticed that the binos did not fit me when I looked through them in the store. I bet I tried them out 4-5 times before I decide they were the ones I wanted. But as soon as I bought them and used them outside the fit stuck out like a sore thumb. I thought that mine may have been defective so I went back to Cabalas and tried out a couple more in the store. Sure as snot everyone had the same issue. Now I'm hart broken because they were some dang good glasses and I want the quality for the same price. I'm afraid I'm not going to find.

400bull

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom