Leupold Gold Ring HD Binos

S

STITZEL

Looking to get a new pair of binos and found the Leopold Gold Rind HD Binos 8x42 at cabels for $599 with a hundred dollar mail in rebate. Just looking for some feed back from the MM crew. Reviews on Cabelas look promissing, sounds like a good bang for your buck?

I have a Trinovid, SLCneu, and the GR Hd 10x42. The GR is better optically than my trinovid, and there's virtually no difference between it and my SLCneu. It is as well built as anything I've seen. I believe it's a fantastic deal, in fact an unbelievable deal @ $499.

I just ordered a pair of those yesterday, and from all the reviews I have been reading they are supposed to be phenomenal. I guess we shall see, but for the price, you just cant beat it. Had to put a Leupold scope on hold and remove it from my basket when I saw the deal.

~BaldBeaver

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."~Jack Kerouac

Anyone know if Cabelas still has this deal on the GR binos?
Can't find anything on their website.

I don't know if the deal is still on but make sure you try them out before you buy them. I agree that the optical quality is very good (not as good as the Swarovski's) but the Leupold Gold Ring binoculars are just not comfortable to look thru. the eyepieces are hard plastic. I went to my local Cabelas in November with the sole intention of buying the 10x42 Leupold's with the $100 rebate and my Cabelas bucks. After spending 15 minutes with the salesperson, I just couldn't buy them. the salesperson said people complain all the time that the Leupolds are comfortable. Then I picked up a new pair of Swarovski 10X42 SLC HD and the difference was as they say "priceless". I just couldn't imagine looking thru the Leupold's for several days in a row. Jsut for the record, I'm a huge Leupold fan and own at least 6 of their rifle scopes that I'm totally happy with. I was so disappointed with the ergonomics of the Leupold binoculars that I wrote Leupold a letter. Have not heard back from them.

That's a matter of opinion. I have the GR HD's and SLCneu, both in 10x42 and there's not a nickle's worth of difference between them optically. The ergos are different and I do prefer the SLC in that department, but optically there's virtually no difference. For the $599 they cost it's a steal. With the fantastic glass available today for $400-$800 I wouldn't begin to pay the $2k+ for any binocular. I own alphas and they are way overpriced.

I purchased a pair of the Leupold 10X42 HD's this past summer. WOW! The optics were fantastic and the price was to die for. It only took one weekend in the field to realize they were not for me. Between the weight and ergonomics of the binos I had all I could take after one weekend. As much as I hated doing it I returned them for a refund. I would highly recommend you try them out prior to purchasing them.

400bull

>I would
>highly recommend you try them
>out prior to purchasing them.
>
>

That's very good advise, not only for the Leupold GR's, but for any binocular. Lots of great glass out there these days, but what may look at feel best to me, might be completely wrong for you.

After going through many lower priced binoculars, I finally took the plunge and bought a pair of Swarovski EL's, no looking back for me! I was lucky and found them marked down for $1,499 brand new at a local sporting goods shop. I went with a pair of 8x42's in lieu of the 10x 42's because I archery hunt elk and seem to be in the timber most of the time. I tend to prefer the 10's, but my 8's in the swarovs get the job done on distance better than my minox 10's. However, Leupold is good stuff, have about 20 of their scopes and their range finder. The range finder is their lower end model and not so good. Will updgrade it soon too!

$499 for a pair of Leupolds GR's is a great deal none the less.

"My only regret in life is setting my goals too low"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom