Leupold Cascade Binos

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I am thinking about making these my next set of binos. I have the Wind Rivers now but they are getting pretty beat up. I've had them about 10 years now so I think it's time to pass my old ones to my daughter since she'll be hunting in a year and a half. Any of you guys use the Cascades? How have they been? Hows the clarity? Any other problems? Thanks

Steve

Ya know, my Wind Rivers were pretty beat up. I sent them back to Leopold to get fixed (I offered to pay for the repairs), and, well, they sent me a brand new pair (no charge). Maybe something to think about! I love my Wind Rivers and I've looked through the Leopolds and they are great too...especially for the price.

I have the Leupold Green Ring Cascade Binoculars thay were wind river brand. I love them I think there the best in there price range.

My hunting buddy uses the 10x42 version of the Cascades. He was comparing them to the Nikon Monarchs and felt like they fit his eyes better. He also mentioned that the focus had some room on his Cascades whereas the Monarchs were tapped out on the focus when they were adjusted for his own eyes.

I personally haven't looked through them, but he commented last weekend how pleased he is with them.

FH

I have had a pair of Leupold Cascades now for about 5 years (plus or minus a year). For the most part, I have been pleased with the binos. My only complaint that I have about them is wish the eye cups where the twist up kind. The pull up kind work great at first after several years of use they wear out and slide back down easily. Pretty dang annoying when trying to glass hills side for long periods of time you have to constantly lower your binos just to pull the eye cups up. I was talking with one of the sales reps in Sportsman not to long ago about it he mentioned that this was the biggest complaint that customers have with the Cascade series of binos.

400bull

Heres Leuplods discription of the Cascades Binos,
* An outstanding low-light performer.
* The multi-coated lens system ensures maximum brightness for
clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
* Slim, in-line design is ergonomic and easy to grip in all weather conditions.
* Generous eye relief and twist-up eyecups for comfortable extended viewing, even with eyeglasses.
* Close focus distance of 10 feet.
* Rugged, waterproof, and covered by the Leupold? Limited Lifetime Warranty.
* Available in natural, black, Advantage? Timber? HD? camouflage, or Mossy Oak? Treestand? camouflage finish.
Specifications

I wonder if I could send mine in and get the upgraded model with the twist up eye cups.

400bull

Thanks for the info guys. I read all the reviews for these binos on the Cabelas site and everyone who used them seemed to love them. I hope you are right about the twist eye cups, legacy, and I think you are. It states that in your description. I think for the money, they are the ones. I have had my wind rivers for quite sometime and the Leupold customer service is great. Thanks guys!

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom