Leupold 12-40x60 HD Scope

• Thread starter HardcoreOutdoor
  • Start date
H

HardcoreOutdoor

I have seen a couple of old threads about this spotting scope but nothing in the last year or so. Is anyone using the Leupold 12-40x60 HD scope? I am looking for info on that scope specificly.

Thanks.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

Wade,

I have the Leupold HD and the Swaro 80 HD, but I use the Leupold as my packing scope when I am guiding.

What do you need to know?

wyoelkchaser

Well, I am assuming that because you carry one, that you like it better than the alternatives like the Nikon Fieldscopes.

Why did you choose the Leupold and what do you like best about it?

Also, since you own a Swaro 80, how does it compare in terms of picture quality.

Thanks.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

I use the Leupold for packing because it is compact and easy to carry. I think most of the time you can't go over 40X anyway because you loose too much image quality, and I really like having the 12X at first light or dusk because it will pull in more light than 10x42 bino's.

As far as comparing it to the Swaro 80, well that is like apples and oranges. It is just over a 1/3 of the money, and it's HD glass is noticable over the none HD 12-40x60 GR spotter.
In my opinion, I think it is one of the best all around scopes for the money.

I've spent too much money on optics (over the years). I have the best of Zeiss, Swarovski and Leupold (and some decent stuff from Nikon and Vortex).

Zeiss makes fantastic equipment. HOWEVER, they will NOT honor their warranty. I'll buy another Zeiss anything.....stick with a company that will stand behind their product.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

I bought one of these scopes the first year Leupold came out with it. I've used it for all my hunting and scouting ever since. I've used it on multiple hunts every year since. In about every condition you can think of. It's been back packed, horse packed, truck packed and just packed around on a tripod. It's always done it's job in all light and weather conditions. At low light and high power it's not the same as the premium scopes, but not bad (I have Swaro 10x42 EL's binos). You can't beat Leupold's warranty when you have a problem. It's helped us find and kill 350 class bulls, 180 class muley bucks, and 80 inch antelope. It's been great.

You can always find decent deals on them as well on Ebay and usually get your money back in case you want to upgrade down the road...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom