Lets Talk Points

P

plainsman08

Do you think there is a unit in the state that is really worth max points for deer. I don't have max, 4 I believe. I am thinking I will use them and HUNT next fall. Probably try to use my 5 pronghorn too. Any opinions, ideas, suggestions?

"In the breast of every meat hunter there beats the heart of a secret, frustrated trophy hunter."

30Hart hit the nail on the head and that's why I'm burning my 6PPs next year down in G to get out of the rat race! IMHO it also doesn't take more than 3 or 4 PPs to hunt real good antelope units. In fact, if a guy has plenty of time to hunt and gets well off the roads, there are real good bucks in a lot of units that can be drawn with just 1 or 2 points.

I agree with 30Hart!

The only place that could be worth Max is if you could find an outfitter with private land. There are a few in the state that kill big bucks, but they know how to manage their property. That would be about the only way to justify it. But if you are like me, you can't afford the outfitter.

py

I figured that was the case. I had a plan 5 years ago but forgot what it was :)

"In the breast of every meat hunter there beats the heart of a secret, frustrated trophy hunter."

>I figured that was the case.
> I had a plan
>5 years ago but forgot
>what it was :)
>
>"In the breast of every meat
>hunter there beats the heart
>of a secret, frustrated trophy
>hunter."

That's funny and I have also had that happening more often the last couple years on lots of things. I think they call it "sometimers", LOL!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom