LET'S TALK NEWER FULL SIZED DIRTY-MAX'S!!!

elkassassin

Long Time Member
I Was Gonna Post This A Couple Years Ago & I Didn't!

This Would Pertain To Most 2500HD's & 3500HD's!

I Do My Own Maintenance & Do What I Can On These NEWER ARROGANT SOB'S To Work On!

Ya!

Some Of you Will Already Know This But I'm Posting It For Those That Don't Know!

There Are 9 Grease Fittings On The Front End Of These Trucks!

2 Of Them Are Kind Of A Pain In The Ass!

There Are 2 Pointed Straight Up,The One On The Passenger Side/Idler Arm Isn't Too Bad,The One On The Drivers Side/Pitman Arm Isn't Easy, Best Way To Get To It Is Crank The Steering Wheel One Revolution To The Right/Clockwise,Then You can Get To It,After I Had The Truck Up On Ramps I Then Jacked Both Sides Up Off The Ramps So I Could Turn The Steering Wheel!

There's A Plastic Skid Plate On The Front,Take 4-15MM Bolts Out & Remove Skid Plate!

On The Passenger Side & Up In There,There's A Grease Fitting On The Top of The Idler Arm,You Ain't Gonna See It Or Get To It Until You Remove The Front Plastic Skid Plate!

You've Got Grease Fittings On The Upper Ball Joints/Control Arms!

You've Got Grease Fittings On The Lower Ball Joints,They Are Kind Of Hidden On The Back/Rear Side!

And You've Got 2 Grease Fittings On The Outer Tie Rod Ends!

Just Thought I'd Post This For The Guys That Didn't Know & For The Guys That Hire Somebody To Do Their Oil Changes!

I've Got A Friend & He Takes His Rig In To The Shop For Oil Changes,They Pull The Drain Plug,Count To 5 And Plug Goes Back In,TOTAL BS In My Eyes!

I Told Him Next Time He Takes His DIRTY-MAX In For The Next Oil Change To Kinda Watch Them & Then Ask Them: I'm Kinda Curious As To How Many Grease Fittings There Is On My Truck?

So He Did!

The Guy Says:There's Only 4 & They're A Snap!:D

Then The Next Time I Seen Him He Said;The Guy At The Oil Change Place Said There's Only 4 Grease Fittings & There A Snap!

I Said Well............!

They Missed More Than Half Of Them!

Boy Was He F'N PISSED!

Most Oil Change Places Ain't Pulling That Skid Plate Off That Takes Less Than A Minute To Remove!

Just Thought I'd Pass The Info On To People That Don't Already Know!

Question I have for those of you with knowledge, I have a 2024 GMC 3500 AT4 stock height and stock tires. What type of tire chains are you running? On my '02 I ran cleated chains on all 4 corners with no clearance problems. The 2002 was only lifted about 1.5" in the front and ran LT265/75R-16 tires. Clearance on the rear tires on '24 looks to close for cleated chains. Front also will have clearance issues. Going to test some chains I have, but would like to have a good starting point from anyone who runs chains.
Thanks
Bill

I've Got 2 HEAVY DUTY Sets I Had Built!

One Set With V-Bars & One Set Without!

I've Wondered The Same Thing On Clearance & That's Why I Had One Set Built Without The V-Bars!

But I Haven't Ever Had To Put Them On To Find Out Yet!:D

Question I have for those of you with knowledge, I have a 2024 GMC 3500 AT4 stock height and stock tires. What type of tire chains are you running? On my '02 I ran cleated chains on all 4 corners with no clearance problems. The 2002 was only lifted about 1.5" in the front and ran LT265/75R-16 tires. Clearance on the rear tires on '24 looks to close for cleated chains. Front also will have clearance issues. Going to test some chains I have, but would like to have a good starting point from anyone who runs chains.
Thanks
Bill

OK LIK2HNT!

I'm Gonna Blame You For This!:D

I Went Out And Was Dinking Around With Clearances!

Turning The Wheel Back & Forth!

I Cranked It Hard Left & Shut The Truck Off!

SOB LOCKED The Steering Up Tighter Than A N's C On Sunday & Now I Can't Start The Truck!:mad:

From What I Could See Before She Locked up There's Slightly More Clearance On The Rear By About One Finger Width!

GENERAL MOTORS BUILT BASTARD!!!:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:!!!

Last edited:
I've Got 2 HEAVY DUTY Sets I Had Built!

One Set With V-Bars & One Set Without!

I've Wondered The Same Thing On Clearance & That's Why I Had One Set Built Without The V-Bars!

But I Haven't Ever Had To Put Them On To Find Out Yet!:D
Why? Did that tesla truck pull you out?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom