Let's see your Black Toe!

Dr_Hunter

Very Active Member
Sounds kind of sick. . .
This is from the extended archery hunt. Thought that I would see if any one else has been able to enjoy this luxury of having a smashed black toe. I wonder if it will be gone before next season??

This is Day 1 after the 3 day hunt.

4169toes_day_1.jpg

Here is Month 2.

5634toes_month_2.jpg

This is today.

7797feb_2011_001.jpg

4077feb_2011_004.jpg

I thought for sure I would lose my toenail. The last picture shows how the nail has been elevated from the inflammation and old blood. Pretty exciting stuff, huh?? I know it's not a big bull elk but it is hunting related.

I would highly recommend getting new boots, ones that don't allow you to smash your toes into the front of them....

I did the same thing years ago skiing at Snow basin one winter with crappy boots. The nails grew underneath and eventually the black ones fell off, with a little help from me. It did take a long while for it to occur.

Elkhunter96 nailed it on the button.

This is from a 3-day hunting trip. We hiked well over 25miles in some nasty, steep country. This is a result of failing to tighten my boots on the way down and old boots. I probably am about due for some new boots.

You would have been better off to cut holes in the front of your boots to let yer toes hang out...lol

Seriously though when I smash a finger real good I like to drill through the nail to let it bleed...it relieves the pressure and feels better...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I hope it hurt a lot! Not one of those no pain to brain kind of things. You've got more intestinal fortitude than I would have had. I guess I'm a wimp.

It's elevated because you have new toenails growing under there. Won't be long now.

Before you die.....Take time to live

LAST EDITED ON Feb-10-11 AT 06:09PM (MST)[p]I guess I will be the one to tell you this. You have lost your toenails.

That line you see on back of both of them is where your toe nails died and the new ones are coming in. After you have soaked them in the tub or showner, they will just pop off pretty easy. it won't hurt at all since everything is dead. It has happened to me twice, but not the big toes.

Both times it happened to me, I got pretty good bucks. They are reminders of a good hunt for me :)

oakbrush

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom