LES SCHWAB TIRE CENTERS

YukonDall

Long Time Member
ANY OF YOU FELLAS HAVE GOOD SERVICE OR EXPERIENCES WITH LES SCHWAB TIRE CENTERS???? THEY ARE NEW IN MY TOWN, AND HAVE A SET OF MUD & SNOW TIRES I WANT TO BUY. (NOT CHEAP). THEIR FACILITY IS FIRST CABIN, AND A REALLY NICE SERVICE CENTER TO BOOT. WAY FRIENDLY STAFF AS WELL. PM'S ARE COOL ..........HAVE A NICE CHRISTMAS........YD.

I have done business with them for many years. They have good service after the sale and because they are in many cities they can take care of you when you are on the road.

Yeah, everywhere you go seems to be a Schwab close by. They rotate and fix flats for free too. Service seems to vary a bit from shop to shop, Burney Ca. has been the best i've seen but they all are at least pretty good.

I used them for years and only had one concern, a set of brakes i had installed wore out way too soon. The warranty was out by a month even though i only had less that 5K miles on those brakes. They wouldn't fix them without full price.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

THANKS GUYS, THEY SEEM SOLID.... I'M GOING TO GIVE EM A TRY. ALSO LIKE HAVING THEM IN STATES I HUNT IF YOU HAVE TIRE PROBLEMS. THEY ARE NEW TO MY NECK OF THE WOODS, ......HAVE A NICE CHRISTMAS....................YD.

they always stand behind there tires but i will tell u that brake work and front end work they can get very expensive and do a little more than what really has to be done they r just do things complete which is fine but sometimes hits hard on the wallet tire and battery purchases u cant go wrong

America Tires are great and better selection of tires and wheels at least around this area. Been buying from them for about 15 years now or more....was just there today to have tires rotated FREE.

Bessy...there was a guy getting service done too and I over heard the salesman tell the guy...gee, you are getting good miles on them tires as the records show you just turned over 70,000 miles on them tires. Was going to ask him what kind but he left before I had a chance...but he was driving a car and NOT a PU.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Kilo, now you done it! You're just gonna get bessy all riled up again. :)

Schwab has free rotation too. Not saying that they're better than your place though.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I buy all my tires from schwab they have good service and I like the free rotation and balance I get with my tires,I just bought a set of toyo for my 3500 dodge today.

264.......THAT TOYO IS THE BRAND I WILL END UP GETTING, HAS A 55000 MILE WARRANTY. GOOD LOOKING MUD & SNOW TIRE WITH A AGRESSIVE TREAD PATTERN. THEY PUSH THEM PRETTY HEAVY.

ANYBODY ELSE KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE TOYO BRAND OF TIRE ??? THANKS GUYS..................YD.

YD I put the mud terrain on my rubicon jeep and I use the less agressive AT on my dodge,they all have the ten ply and keeps the side wall strong for many miles.

>America Tires are great and better
>selection of tires and wheels
>at least around this area.
> Been buying from them
>for about 15 years now
>or more....was just there today
>to have tires rotated FREE.
>
>
>Bessy...there was a guy getting service
>done too and I over
>heard the salesman tell the
>guy...gee, you are getting good
>miles on them tires as
>the records show you just
>turned over 70,000 miles on
>them tires. Was going
>to ask him what kind
>but he left before I
>had a chance...but he was
>driving a car and NOT
>a PU.
>
>
>Brian
>http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

...and by 15 years he means he bought one set of tires on 12-98. After the rotation today he has 38% tread life left.

The Les Schwab in my neck of the woods donates a number of guns to the annual Mule Deer Foundation dinner, and the whole company is apparently very pro-hunting. Just something else to consider!

Most of thier tires if not all are foreign,ask about AMERICAN made tires and see what they say.But they do seem to hire nice looking office girls. BH1

All I buy is the ten ply Toyos great tires and service at schwab. Years ago headed thru Burns,Oregon I blew the rear seal on my truck. I bought the bearings etc at a local parts house and Schwabb let me used there facilty to press the bearings etc for no charge. I became a lifelong customer after that experience..

My dad uses them all the time great service and friendly people. I can't afford them whenever I have priced tires I have always been able to beat them by at least 25% if not more. For some people it's worth it if they travel a lot but don't forget your local yocal shops they will often treat you as good or better

I would try to find out how many miles the Toyo's are getting now. I have heard that they are not getting the miles out of them like they used to. It also depends on which store you go to for quality service. Most are great but some are a joke. It's more a manager problem than employee problem. Your's being a new store, time will tell if their service is good or not. I wouldn't hesitate to try them out though. They also have other brands that have been getting good mileage. I have the XTX's and like them. All depends on what tread pattern your looking for.

Have used Schwab exclusively for about 20 years. On first name basis with several of their employees (small town). Even their assistant manager told me he only got about 20,000 on his last set of Toyo mud terrains, Dodge diesel.

IMO their tires aren't the longest lasting but their service is outstanding.

My last 2 sets I picked up at the TireRack distribution center in Sparks. No shipping. Schwab wanted $50.00 each to mount, Big O $40.00, local guy, Jackson Service Center, charged me $25.00 each. Bought Goodyear Kevlar Wranglers. But only got 30,000, Ford Diesel.

I really want the Goodyear, Duratrac, commercial tires but the last two years they were sold out before I bought. Going to buy the Standard Duratracs.

Took the wife's Yukon in yesterday and then I called her to let her know we would need to cancel christmas. I knew I needed an alignment and tire rotation but didn't realize my tires were as far gone as they were. But seriously who pays their prices? $1100 for some p series 265 70-16s. P rated tires over a grand come on. They were toyos but even the knock offs were close to 900. I am sorry but their service isn't worth $500

I got over 60k on my set of toyo open country mud terrains. They are a fantastic tire. Hard to believe but they have better wet traction than the toyo open country all terrains, which is what I have on now. Next set of tires, and I'll go back to the mud terrains. Only negative about them is that they are a heavy tire.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom