Lense cleaning

M

MEEW

What is the best way to clean your high dollar optics, both in the field, and at home. What are precautions to prevent scratching. Thanks in advance....

Before wiping with anything, blow the lenses as clean as possible, use a very soft brush and finally clean them with SOFT cloth (I carry a cloth diaper.).

Within the shadows, go quietly.

I found one of my wifes blush/ make-up brushes that has a self contained cover and is as soft as a brush for optics as you will ever find and still rigid enough to remove dust , etc. from the glass and threads. It is perfect for carrying in your pocket and using occasionally when resting while hiking and in camp. It is the ticket. You push on the end and it pops out and pull it back and it retracts. Works great and protects it's own soft brush from damage without extra parts you may lose.

who do we talk to to get one of these "blush brushes" do i need to call up mabeline or does someone like wallyworld have them?

This is covert ops stuff. You must have an alibi. Plan A: Start by telling your wife or girlfriend how much better they look au-natural, without all that girly stuff and when the time is right pilfer it, preferably after a few drinks and put it in your day pack ( plausible deniability). Hunting season is here " score". Plan B: go to walmart and buy a brush and a birthday card cause lord knows the brush is not for macho you!!!

I bought a box of "See Clear" form Costco a few years ago. They are individually foil wrapped cleaning tissues. Alcohol based. It says for use on eye glasses. I've been using them on my Zeiss binoculars and they work great. Be sure to remove all dust and loose material first, using air and soft brush. The alcohol tissues are for cleaning water spots and finger prints, etc. only.

There are 80 individual packets in a box, so a box lasts a long time. I keep a few in my day pack.

Eel

I carry those same ones in my pack, I use can air in the truck it works great.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom