Leica Warranty

antlerrick

Very Active Member
My son bought a Leica Televid 77 a few years ago, and understood there was a lifetime warranty on it. After just a couple of months using it, the eyepiece and the scope itself would not stay together. After some research, we were told the barrel lock had a problem and to send it in, which we did. They sent us back a notice that it would cost $75 to fix it or we could replace the scope thru them. They kept it for a year, and finally sent it back after we had sent the $75. They hadn't touched the scope, so we returned it again. We have still never seen anything regarding the scope and it has been almost 2 years now.
Has anyone else had this problem with Leica? The dealer who is helping me said they have had major problems with them and that they finally got one of the three scopes back that they had sent in, one being my sons.
I am quite dissappointed in the so called warranty and the service provided (or not provided) by Leica.
Any suggestions???
Rick

Rick,
It sounds to me as if your dealer may or may not be an authorized Leica dealer.
Even though you did not purchase this from us we would like to assist in getting this resolved for you. I mean, hey, you're a MM memebr and should not have to deal with such problems. Please feel free to call me on Wednesday and I will see what I can do for you. When you call please have the serial #'s of the scope and eyepice so when I contact Leica on your behalf I have the info they will request.
I am sorry that you are having a situation but from what you posted it sounds more of a dealer problem than a Leica service situation.

If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]
www.cameralandny.com

That sucks ar!

I would get with Doug. That is an impressive offer he just gave you!

Good luck buddy!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom