Leica Spotting Scope Repairs

W

wyowill

I need to get some repair work done to a Leica spotting scope that got knocked over while sitting on a tri-pod. Does anyone know where I can send/take this scope to for repairs?

Send it back to Lieca. Good chance they won't charge you for repairs time frame might be an issue if you need it this fall. I broke the main objective a couple of years back and Leica repaired it free of charge.

from my 2009 repair:

Please send it to:
Leica Camera, Inc.
Att: Service Dept.
1 Pearl Court, Unit A,
Allendale, NJ 07401

We recommend shipping via UPS or Federal Express or whatever is most convenient for you. Include a note with your name, address and daytime phone number and a description of what you would like to have repaired. If it is a recently purchased item, please include a copy of your sales receipt. An estimate or a warranty repair notice will be mailed to you in approximately 2 to 3 days after we receive the equipment. Please allow a few more days for the mail to reach you. Make a note of the serial number for your records.

Leica Camera Inc. / Customer Service

1 Pearl Court, Unit A / Allendale, NJ 07401 / USA

www.leicacamerausa.com / E-mail [email protected]

Telephone: (+1) 800-222-0118 x 216 / (+1) 201-995-1684

Mailed a pair of binos in for a factory cleaning, they received them July 31 and told me a turn-around time of September 3. Hope you don't need them in the near future.

Thanks for the information. This scope helps my son with MS stay involved in the hunt and the outdoors in general. Mobility being an issue he can still spot the big ones and get us close to them with it. Hate to see it take that long but it is what it is, I guess.

Leica optics flat out has the worst customer service out there. I sent a pair of binoculars and spotting scope out for cleaning/repair and they charged me $400 to clean binos and $600 for the spotting scope that had the eye piece nut come loose.

I sold everything and bought Swaro optics this spring.

Don't expect anything for free from Leica.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom