Leica range finders - which one?

DoeNob

In the market for a good range finder that will actually range stuff at long distance. Leica makes a 800 yard, 900 yard, 1000 yard, 1200 yard and 1600 yard version. I don't think I'd ever need to range anything past 1000 yards, but I want this to be the last range finder I ever buy.

I was shooting just a ruger 270 with a leupold on top, but was only really capable out to 200 yards with that. With that set up I haven't needed a long rang rangefinder yet.

I just purchased a .300 win mag savage model 111 long range hunter. I still need to select glass, but I'm pretty sure this gun will extend my effective range quite a bit if I do my part. So I expect to be shooting longer distances at the range and in the field, that said 500-600 yards seems like a pretty long poke to me. Not sure what I will end up being comfortable with till I get out and shoot to figure out where my accuracy falls off.

That's a long winded way of asking which one should I buy?

I've got the 1600. I love it. I have ranged out to 1937yds with it. I like the fact that I can see how far away something is so I can see how far I need to go to get in shooting range.

CSO

It's all about the good times...

MonsterMuleysLogo.png

No Sniper, they don't. I wish they did, or I'd own one. I think it has some type of ballistic compensation or something, but if you're an archer like I am, it's useless.

Leica no longer makes the 900 or 1200 yard version. 1000 and 1600 are the only options unless you buy used. Seems crazy to have dropped the 1200. Aaron Davidson, the Long Range Pursuit guy pushes one called the G7. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom