Leica optics

ELKOHUNTER

Very Active Member
I'm looking at the Leica Rangemaster 1200 Rangefinder are thay good. If you can you help me out I would like that.

>Go with the 1200 just for
>the size advantage.

Huh? The Leica LRF's (800/900/1200) and CRF's (900/1200) have the same dimensions no matter what yardage they're rated for...

I have a Leica 900 LRF Scan that is hands down without question the best rangefinder that I have owned. I tried going the less expensive route and I sure got what I paid for. I actually bought this one used from a friend that took it on one elk hunt and than he received a 1200 as a gift from his kids so he sold me the 900 for a great price I could not turn down. I will never own any other rangerfinder as I believe these are the best on the market now.
You look throught the eyepiece push the button and it tells you how far away the object is... plain and simple.
I would prefer the 1200's but I cannot see where they would do any better than the 900's I have now. Whichever model you decide on you will not be disapointed. That's my .02's worth.

I was in Sportsman's in Reno yesterday and looked at the 1200 LRF's and the 1200 CRF's side by side and the CRF's seemed to gather more light. Is it my imagination or is the glass quality a little better? They were noticably brighter. Both responded quickly and I liked the size and feel of the CRF's but there is a definite price difference.
--Bob

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom