Leica Geovids Focus??

D

desertsand

Hello All, I have recently bought a pair of Leica Geovids 15 x 56 and have to adjust the right eye focus way to the right to make them clear. I dont have to do that with my Swarovski Binos. Is this normal with Leica's or should I send them for repair???

Everyone's eyes are different, so there's really no such thing as "normal" when it comes to diopter/focus adjustment. If you can get the orange display box to look clear to you within the focus range, there's absolutely no reason to send them for repair.

yeah, both my diopters on my Geovids are about 4 ticks to the right of center. My hunting buddy cant see crap out of them; but they are clear as a bell to me. It's all relative.

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

I have a pair of 10 x 42 Swarovski's and just sold my 15 x 56's. Both the left and right eyes markers were right on center and clear as a bell. I have to turn my Geovids right eye piece almost all the way to make them Clear. Very odd...

Keep in mind that the right side, the red printed one that is... is for focusing on the digital readout when the range finder is functioned. So you should NOT be using that side to focus what your viewing. You operate the range finder and focus in the red LED readout with the right side (red printed side) and then focus in the right side with the central main focus dial, and then focus in the left side with the left diopter to match.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom