Leica Geovid

B

bacpac

I am interested in purchasing the Leica Geovid 10x42. It would be nice to have a bino and range finder in one unit. I know Leica makes a quality bino and a quality range finder however I'm not sure how well it works together in the same unit.

Has anyone used this product extensively and how well does it work. $2k is alot too spend on a gimmick.

I have used my pair extensively my last two years of hunting and the only thing that I had a problem with is both my rubber lens caps broke from opening and closing these about a million times.I e-mailed Leica and they sent me two more without charge.The glass qaulity and range finder work great.

Thxs WARBIRDUM, on average how long does the battery last for ranging? Does glass view quality compare to Sarovski & Zeiss?

Best money I ever spent! Doug at Cameraland is selling them brand new with full warranty for $1,799.99 shipped, which $500.00 - $600.00 less than other places.

Batteries are cheap comparatively and will last a long, long time! I switch mine out each fall just to be safe, but I'll bet you could go a couple years on one.

I have a pair of the 15x Geovids. They work great and eliminate the need to carry a rangefinder. I will still carry my Bushnell ARC on my bowhunts but rarely get them out as the Geovids gets me close enough on yardage in most situations. The 10X you are looking at would be my preference if I was going to use them strictly for bowhunting. The 15x's are a little heavy and overkill for close range work, but I do a lot of tripod mounted glassing and like the magnification on my western spot and stalk hunts when hunting black powder or rifle or finding animals to stalk with my bow. I haven't had any problems with them and have used them for over a year now. They are pricey but I don't think you will be disappointed if you decide to buy them...

Horniac

How far out can they range find, Does the 10x range as far as the 15X.
600 for a rangefinder plus 1500 for 15x you can't beat it if it can range find the same distance.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

My thanks to everyone that replied, based on feedabck looks like I'm like gonna contact Camera Land and place an order.

I have went through a few of the lens caps, just call and they sent them to you free. The last time I had them send me a few pairs, I told them they always seem to break right before i am going some place, and the guy said no problem he would send me extras. I think they are great and have no other problems with them and I change batteries about once a year and have never had them die on me. They are truthfully out of my price range but when I saw them for $1700 in the Bargain Cave and I had over $1200 in Cabelas points I couldn't pass it up. Very well spent points.

is that 1300 on a deer size target or on a large bunch of trees.
I'm think I might have some Leica rangfinders and Swarovskis up for sale if this pan's out.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom