Leica Customer Service

grizzly

Long Time Member
Does anybody know how to get Leica Customer Service?

I have emailed and called their New Jersey number and get no response. Is there a manager or different number I can call? Can dealers do anything?

The rubber lens cap on my Geovid broke after only a year and the other lens cap is cracked at the "hinge". I feel like they should send me a replacement set under warranty, but nobody will answer a phone or email.

Grizzly

I just wanted to give an update. I have spent three days trying to get Leica customer service with no success. Finally after a Google search I found some other people that called Dave in NJ at a different desk with better success. I called Dave and left a voicemail, he called me back within ten minutes and is sending me two new lens caps.

Once I found Dave's information (extension 9940), it went well from there.

Grizzly

I received an email from Jeff Bouton, Director of Marketing for Leica, this morning. He was very apologetic about the response delay. According to Jeff, the person I should've contacted to begin with was Dave Elwell...but his extension is not listed on the website so I contacted the repair department (I think that is a reasonable thing to do). The repair department didn't respond to voicemail or email.

The email from Jeff was quite positive and, by all accounts, their customer service has improved dramatically since they implemented their Goodwill program two years ago.

My only gripe with Leica after this ordeal was that I feel like they need to clarify the contact information on their webpage. Once I contacted the correct person, they responded very quickly and were extremely helpful. I even received a follow-up email from Dave last night letting me know two replacement caps would be in the mail today.

Grizzly

Griz:

Gotta agree with you. Getting something fixed or replaced is enough hassle in itself and the website should be clear as to what to do and who to contact. Hopefully they will make a website update with that info.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom