Legal to have light on bow sight?

C

c86man3

I'm sure it's been asked before, but my search didn't turn anything up here. Is it legal in Utah?

I found this:

R657-5-7. Prohibited Weapons.
(1) A person may not use any weapon or device to take big game other than those expressly permitted in this rule.
(2) A person may not use:
(a) a firearm capable of being fired fully automatic; or
(b) any light enhancement device or aiming device that casts a visible beam of light. Laser range finding devises are exempt from this restriction.

Provision (b) could be read 2 ways, either "a person may not use any light enhancement device" or as "a person may not use any light enhancement device that casts a visible beam of light.

I had my bow out and my wife was like "what's this thing" I didn't know and turned the knob, a light came on and surprised me. I had no idea that my sight had a light on it.

-Thanks.

Ya!

I know a Guy that didn't know he had a 3.5X10 on his SmokePole too!:D

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

>
>Ya!
>
>I know a Guy that didn't
>know he had a 3.5X10
>on his SmokePole too!:D
>
>
>
>The Dew I had for Breakfast
>wasn't Bad so I had
>one more for Dessert!:D

Funny!

I honestly didn't know it until just an hour ago. I'm entirely new to bows (I got mine at christmas) and I've shot maybe 20 arrows tops. After reading another thread from another site, I'm thinking it is legal in Utah, but it would be good to hear from others.

Just make sure that your sight light does not "cast a beam of light". I have the G5 XR bow sight, and the sight light shines the light into a tunnel where the fiber optics are. No light escapes the tunnel, but the fiber optics become illuminated.

}}-SLIVER-->

The way I read that law you posted is that they are talking about a laser beam that would project a dot on the target you are aiming at and that would be illegal to use.

RELH

>Don't use a laser and don't
>use a flashlight to shoot
>shiz at night.

That's correct.
You can use a lighted sight but not a light to cast a beam to spot "shiz" at night.
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom