Leftover tag?

mickeyelk

Very Active Member
I got a call yesterday for a leftover tag for the Pine unit in Utah for muzzy deer. Never got one of these before. I jumped all over it. Maybe not a good year for horn growth, but I'll be hunting in my favorite unit. Is this happening allot this year, Leftover Tas? Shummey, got one tied up for me?

Lucky you. I picked one up in the regular draw and look forward to the hunt. Always warm and usaully dry.

They had rain in the last week and hope they keep getting a storm every couple weeks and the hunt will be sweet.

Best of luckand have a ball.

Great tag to have! Antler growth is actually pretty good this year, we had a really wet spring so they got a great start. Hopefully this early monsoon will stay kicked in and we will continue to get some moisture. Good luck!!

A few things dont add up! Leftover tags are sold over the counter beginning 7/11/13 on first come first serve basis. They do NOT call people for leftovers. Then, im suprised they called on a holiday weekend(possible but odd). Then, most importantly they do NOT reallocate general season or antlerless permits which Rule R657-42-6 clearly states. So unless they changed the reallocation rules after 5/6/13(the date of the most recent notice of rule continuation) it sounds like someone just scammed you and you gave them your credit card info.

I did some checking on what you said about it being a crank call and a way to get my credit card information. I recalled them on Saturaday, after they left a message, telling me about the tag. I had to recall them with the phone number and they identified themselves as Utah Division of Wildlife. The number was 1-800-221-0659. I just recalled them now again, since you have me a little worried. They said everything was OK. (I even verified the phone number with there web site.) I used the wrong term when I posted. It isn't a leftover tag but an alternate tag that by being that I wasn't drawn and the next on the list it was offered to me. Thanks for the concern it had me worried.

I've only been home twice this year, but I do have a dedicated hunter tag for that unit. I'm going to fly home in a couple of weeks for an early antlerless hunt, so I'll do a bit of scouting then. Of course, I've got some spots that always hold bucks. I've got a buddy coming down for the muzzy hunt, you're welcome to tag along with us.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom