Leftover research struggles

desperatehills

Very Active Member
I do my best to research things to the best of my ability before I come here and ask for help. And when I do come here everyone has been pretty cool. Having said that, the Wyoming website kicks my a$$. I am looking to buy leftover tags on Wednesday. I have antelope tags for unit 73 already and I am looking for more tags just to expand the trip. I don't mind buying a tag and not filling it if I get to see more of Wyoming. The part I am struggling with is season dates. We plan on hunting the second week of the season around the last week in sept. I don't want to accidently buy a tag for a season that is in Oct-Nov. When I look up dates it says they come out later. Any recommendations would be great, deer or antelope, anywhere between Casper area and Cody area. Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-13 AT 08:48PM (MST)[p]All the season beginning and closing dates are listed in this link. Just go to whatever animal you want to hunt and click on the 2013 season listing for it. Then you can make sure it's open when you want to hunt it if there are tags left for it on the leftover list. Unit 73 has some type 2 doe tags that are left that are good for private land in one particular area of the unit and a lot of ranchers will let you on their place for free to shoot does out there. Just go on the website and check the units that would be convenient for you to hunt. Then click on the leftover list to see if there are any tag left. If there are, then click on the link here in my post to check the season dates for that unit.

http://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/HUNTING-1000179.aspx

best way is to go to the 'plan your hunt for antelope' and click on the seasons and dates. it will give you the list of units and dates for the hunts.
next you need to go the left over list and look to see whats left.
cross check it with the seasons and dates list to verify what the tags dates are and what gender.

i had the same struggles this year for leftovers since we didnt draw. i have found it to be the best way to get around the website.

The link above was helpful. I think I clicked every tab on that page except that one. Deer will be out. All the seasons start after our planned time to be there. I have unit 73-7 doe tags already. I was looking for tags in different units so I could see more of Wyoming. I may go about it as a tourist insted of a hunter.

print the season dates to a pdf, print the leftovers to a pdf, compare, pick a unit.

If I was you I would grab a cpl more 73-7 tags. Best be quick, like within a few seconds.
Backup unit would be 80-7.

I meant 73-7 tags in my other post, not -2. Besides unit 80 way up by Powell that WB mentioned, here are several others that have leftovers, meet your criteria, and are not that far from 73:

22-6 (Private land north of Crazy Woman Creek)
26-6
31-6
32-6
34-6, 35-6, and 36-6 all allow the tag to be used on any of those units.

I print out a Unit map and then circle the units that fit my hunt dates. It is pretty easy to see on the map.

We grabbed 4 of the 33 remaining 73-7 Licences. After our hunt we will see Wyoming as tourist. Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions

Sounds like unit 73 is going to have some meat taken home from there when you guys get done! Good luck and be safe out there!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom