Leftover luck.

I was able to login and not have to wait on the little guy. I tried for 2 elk tags at exactly 9am and they both were sold out. Truly don't know how 15 people were faster than I was, but such is my luck on that tag scramble.

How about $hit luck like the draws !!!!! and what a waste of my time.
Liked when we stood in line at the DOW , had a number , chewed the cud with fellow hunters and it was hard to cheat.

Such a scam.

Waterfowl, fishing and golf for me.

Out of curiosity, did you go through a web browser on your own or were you in line at a license agent or on the phone with CPW?

Helped a friend get his bull tag- was sure we got knocked out of the queue. However at 9am the options surfaced and we got his tag so he can join me.

Had this marked on my calendar and layed out all needed information the night before. And guess what, woke up and got busy on a few things. When I remembered I was an hour late. Next week I am setting my alarm.

1723035710288.png

A couple buddies and myself were all "in line" to log in. I got logged in first around 8:50 MTN and started the process at 9 on the dot. I got 1 out of the 26 available but by 9:05 the rest were gone. Luckily, the day before we all agreed that no matter how many tags we got, we were all (3) going.

I’m impressed people actually pulled some tags. It was a lot quieter this year it’s seemed.
One thing I noticed is the two hunting forums I am active on, I saw 0 threads about leftover until day of… also I only got 1 email from go hunt detailing the leftover day… like guys I get you want to sell gear, but blasting this info makes it harder on all of us. I’m old enough to remember how easy it was to get tags when they were randomly released and the entire hunting world wasn’t tuned in.

One thing I noticed is the two hunting forums I am active on, I saw 0 threads about leftover until day of… also I only got 1 email from go hunt detailing the leftover day… like guys I get you want to sell gear, but blasting this info makes it harder on all of us. I’m old enough to remember how easy it was to get tags when they were randomly released and the entire hunting world wasn’t tuned in.
I loved the random release they did for awhile there.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom