Leavin in 5 days!!!

muleyman

Very Active Member
Elk rifle opens next wednesday!!! Leaving this sunday to pack into the area we will be hunting in Imnaha unit, if the snow has cleared. I'm going with the guy that leases our familes ranch in Joseph so it should be a good year, since he is out looking for elk now everyday! His parents own a ranch down low and his brother killed a nice 5X5 bull on during archery. If this snow hasnt left by the opener, we will be hunting the ranch.

What is everyone else doing? Good luck!

muleyman

My son has a Murders Creek bull tag.

Not a lot of time to hunt because of football and just one weekend.

All the snow has melted off these past couple of days.

Even if he takes it we won't see the pictures for a month...LOL, just kidding (sort of).

listen OR ultramaggy...didnt I just post some pics of yours from LAST year??? why did it take you this long, or wait didnt you kill this buck two yrs ago? Who took the pic for you anyways? LOL

muleyman

I'll be chasing benchies in the Keno Unit old-school spot-and-stalk style until the rut kicks in. Not sure what to expect, but I sure have seen a lot of bucks when I don't have the tag. I have permission to hunt some private close to town but I think I'm going to start in the steep stuff and try to catch a big one napping. Anybody here in Klamath have any thoughts? Anybody seen any good bucks in that unit recently?

Gotcha, muleyman. Your trip ought to be pretty awesome! I'm jealous. Good luck! Yep, the bow hunt runs Oct. 24-Nov. 15. I'm just climbing the walls because I've barely been out (new baby at home) and Saturday will be my first chance to really get after it.

Back
Top Bottom