Leave them in their native lands

W

wyowill

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/2221alligatorsnappingturtle

GREEN RIVER?What is an alligator snapping turtle, native to the southeastern region of the United States, doing in Wyoming? That is exactly what the Wyoming Game and Fish Department would like to know.
This past weekend a Rock Springs angler was fishing at Meadow Lake and snagged what appeared to be a turtle using a lure. After contacting Game and Fish officials, the angler brought the turtle to the Green River office of the Game and Fish so it could be identified. The turtle was identified as an alligator snapping turtle. Certainly, not a Wyoming native species. As a matter of fact, there are no native turtle species in Wyoming west of the Continental Divide.
?This is just another example of people bringing another nonnative species into Wyoming to keep as their pet and then letting the animal loose when they don't want it anymore,? said Mark Zornes Green River wildlife management coordinator. ?We have a bunch of folks bringing non-natives in. With each population boom we seem to see a new species, or two. This latest species is threatened in much of its native range in the southeast and moving this turtle impacts both Wyoming and the state it was removed from.?

8915alligatorsnappingturtle.jpg

Didn't look like the photo uploaded correctly so trying again.

Hummmmm...gives one pause to think? I heard Eel was recently in Wyoming. Just sayin.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

over in sheridan there was a bunch of snapping turtles everywhere..............

With that gapping mouth like that it kinda resembles one of my old girlfriends whowho. My feet never ran so fast after seeing that whowho. Scarred me for life I tell ya, SCARRED!!!

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Hummmmm...gives one pause to think? I heard Eel was recently in Wyoming. Just sayin.

LMAO

John 3:16
THE LORD IS MY ROCK
NRA LIFE MEMBER
marines.jpg

fox14.gif

Wyoming is so stupid. Here they have a chance to introduce a species (alligator snapping turtle) that would keep the wolf in check and they don't want to do it.

Some day Wyoming will be sorry, mark my word.

Eel

We get some 20 below zero weather this winter and it will freeze their alligator snapping butts off...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom