Leaky lawn mower gas tank repair

Roy

So the gas tank on my Sears Craftsman 675 series started leaking last time out and the replacement part isn't too expensive and easy to change out. I am just wondering if I can save the $35 bucks though and repair the leak - it is leaking at the seal between the bottom and top pieces of the tank.

Any ideas or I am just going to have to fork out the $35?

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Sounds like a question for AyA!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

I've fixed dang near every broken thing with Liquid Nails, Gorilla Glue or duct tape. A combination of these 3 things should be just the ticket.

A well chewed piece of Double BubbleGum and then a couple wraps of DUCT Tape should do the trick....if not get a Propane Torch and heat it up and then go buy a new Mower. J/K Roy don't take me serious today as mine is giving me fits too after all it is only 31 years old...LOL I mow weeds, lawn, dirt clods, wood that is hidden under grass just about everything.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-11 AT 04:49PM (MST)[p]POR-15 or Eastmans makes some gas tank fixer.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

I have some Liquid Nails and was thinking of trying it - if it doesn't work I am not out anything, unless of course it causes a spontaneous combustion or something, then of course we are getting in to AyA territory.

UTROY

there's a 2 part putty you can get that is made just for things like this. I've used it on radiators to sprinkler pipe. Cheap and extremely effective. you can find it about anywhere, walmart, lowes any hardware or automotive store.

Go get some liquid gasket from an auto parts store.. Works the best, and thats what its made for..

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Try the old farmer's friend, good old J-B Weld, should fix that tank right up.

RELH

You take that mower out of bounds and get a high country tune up? If the hole is smaller than about a .375 you could probably trailer park it and get it running. Or you could spend 35 bones and do it the right way. :)

$35? You're worried about $35???? That's the price of two turtle eggs on the black market.

Roy, after you make the repair yourself, do not, I repeat, DO NOT light a match to check for a leak!

Eel

Really, $35 bucks to do it the right way and not have to worry about it? Pony up the money and fix it right instead of using a temporary repair that IS going to take some time and some money and then you will have to end up spending the $35 a few weeks down the road when it starts leaking again. I can't believe when a part only costs $35 bucks there is even a question.

Roy, honey, don't you have a doctorate?

35 bucks versus the potential for skin grafts??? C' mon man!!

>Roy, honey, don't you have a
>doctorate?
>
>35 bucks versus the potential for
>skin grafts??? C' mon
>man!!

LOL

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

first thought LIFE INSURANCE how can I buy some for him and list me as the beneficary.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Well, I won't have to do it if I can sell the broken TV for parts for around the same price, that way I can buy the new tank free and clear and won't have to put it on the installment plan! LOL

Besides, why should I really worry about it, it is my 13 year old that uses it the most. He is fast and could probably outrun a fire. Plus he knows how to stop drop and roll so I think we are good.

Oh and Predator, please remember there are no stupid questions, only stupid (sarcastic) people who ask them!

LMBO!

UTROY

Tannerite!

But post a video of that baby sailing through the air,

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

Oh gosh, Roy, you and I both know that just cuz a boy has no common sense dont mean the dog is dumb. 

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom