leadore moose

T

tufcntry

my dad drew a leadore moose tag finally, i couldn't be happier for him has anybody hunted moose up there who might have any suggestions time of year area etc. anything helps as we are first time moose hunters.

Can't help you with that particular area, but i did draw in 07 in unit 14,and i can tell you to concentrate your'e hunt from september 15th to October 10th. That should be prime rut,and it is a ball! I killed a 45 inch, and my son-in-law drew the same unit in 08,and got a 33 inch.You can buy a tape on calling,and i wound up using my mouth to imitate the call, they are easy to come to the call when they are in rut,even more so than Elk. My buddy put in this year,and i hope he draws,they are a fun hunt. Good luck..

if i could do it all over again. leadore is where i would be. damn fine moose in there. going to be a real fun hunt! second what brdhntr said on timing mid sept. to first week in oct. getr done before general deer crowd hits on the 10th better yet the last 5 to 7 days in september when you have the woods all to yourself. they will be rutting heavy. big 8 mile is a keeper for sure. all through that drainage. stay close to the creek bottoms.have a few more places, just pm me if ya got some more questions.

good grape nuts! sorry about the pm mention.. havent been on in a while.. obviously stuff has changed.

I signed up just to share this information with you, Tufcntry. Disclaimer: I get nothing out of this. Last year my father and I went on a trespass hunt in Leadore for deer. We saw numerous large bulls one particular ranch we were provided access to. I have no idea if this guy allows moose hunting, but we both commented many times that if we had a moose tag for that region the value of access to that ranch would be worth the price. Then, of course, we learned that moose tags were something close to impossible to get in that area.

Anyway, if I were your father I would at least call Sparky at M2D Camo Properties. The link is below. You'll see some photographs I took while scouting in the top video on the website. One of the bulls is on there. We saw him daily, as well as at least one other mature moose. They hung around in a valley marsh area in the back of the ranch. We also so several on the public lands around it, but ultimately your likely success rate, to me, would seem to be tripled if not more if you had access to the bottom land where the moose seemed to hang out mostly.

We were there in mid-October during the first week of the rifle deer season, and it appeared to us that the moose were rutting as the bulls seemed to be cruising daily.

Keep in mind, we know literally nothing about moose or moose hunting as we're from NC. They didn't seem to us to be too wary, however.

It's absolutely beautiful country. Give Sparky a call and see what the rancher would allow and how much it would cost to gain access.

http://m2doutfitters.com/

Jayme i appreciate that man, and will be giving sparky a call i love that country up there watchin that video got me excited.

Well Cody,
It's been a long time my friend. You should give me a call and I'll give ya the low down on where you should look. I can probably save you a lot of time and money.
If you don't have my phone#, call Tim or look me up on Facebook and I'll talk to ya there.
We live in Leadore now so I'll probably be there if I am not guiding for Mel at the time.

I think it's time you post some pics of moose, Tufcntry :)
I may still have them on my phone, but I know you have better ones!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom