Lead in the air.....

ELKOHOLIC

Very Active Member
Lead in the air...you have a prayer. I shot this coyote at 870 yards with a 55 gr Ballistic Tip out of my 22-250. When I got up to the Coyote my son and I could not tell where I hit it. We finally found a small wound on its neck, but it almost looked like a minor injury that it had. I was starting to doubt that I even shot it and that it died of a heart attack. lol. It was getting the best of me so I told my son that I had to figure it out. I checked the neck where some hair was missing. On the other side I felt a small lump. I pinched it with my finger and cut just underneath my finger. Look what I found just under the skin!

robspics853_zps9f0467e1.jpg

Keep in mind these bullets are made for rapid expansion. I need to look up about how fast the bullet would have been going. I know it says a minumum of 1750 fps on impact. The bullet had a small dent in the side and that's about it. I am not knocking the bullet because that's all I shoot and have good luck. I think it was more due to the range that the coyote was shot. We won't forget this anytime soon!
Coyote875yards_zps109de867.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-30-14 AT 03:15PM (MST)[p]Not much juice left in the tank at 850yds on a small bullet like that. I am not suprised it didn't open up if it didn't even make it through the neck of the coyote.

The Bullet is JUNK!

No Mushroom what so ever!:D

If it's a Coyote!

Lead in the Air no matter the Yardage!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

ELKOHOLIC, The Boone and Crockett club released a statement a bit ago about shooting animals at long range. My post was a jab at that. mtmuley

RE: Lead in the air.....in

elkassassin. now you've got these kids thinking if it don't blow them in half, the bullet is no good. if your selling fur think on it.?????

If yer sellin fur u would use fmj or a leg hold, course not in co anymore! Got a barrel full of traps I can't use

With the dent in the side of the bullet, it shows that the bullet started to tumble and actually hit side ways. It happens on a lot of small caliber bullets. They are to light to shoot that far and keep stable. Do a google search if you call b.s.

At any rate, you did good. No shot on a coyote is to far! Shoot them all.

> elkassassin. now you've got these
>kids thinking if it don't
>blow them in half, the
>bullet is no good. if
>your selling fur think on
>it.?????

Not at all elkun!

I said lead in the air at any Yardage is a good thing if it's a Yote!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

YES!

Whats wrong with elkassassin using a 50 cal on a deer? He wanted deer burger anyways. I am just saying if the bullets going to act like a FMJ just shoot a FMJ they are less expensive anyways.

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom