LE or CWMU

F

fire2304

LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-13 AT 11:08AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-13 AT 11:07?AM (MST)

Looking for an honest opinion on which deer hunt to apply for. I have 13R points. I would like a hunt that has the potential for a nice buck but something that I could also take my 10 year old son along on, so a lot of hiking might not be the best. I don't have horses but do have ATV's. I know some if not most CWMU only allow 2 people does anyone know if that is 2 adults or if my son would count as the second person? It would be nice to draw something this year but willing to wait if it gets me a better hunt for the 2 of us. Any weapon rifle is my first choice but might consider muzzle, no archery.

Bookcliffs would be a good option, lots of deer and depending on where you hunt the hiking doesn't have to be too bad. The Average bucks are 22"-24" so if you are happy with a buck in that range you would have a fun hunt. If you are wanting bigger the Paunsy, Vernon, and San Juan would all be drawable. But if it was me I would look hard at Deseret and Ensign Ranches, good trophy quality and from what I hear the staff are good to work with.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom