LE Archery Next Year

I

IHuntNUtah

After doing quite a bit of research looking at draw odds and success rates and hunt dates, I think next year I would finally like to draw my limited entry tag. I will have 13 points which puts me at decent-pretty much guaranteed odds at most hunts except for the San Juan tag. I have spent all of my life hunting northern utah and I have never been on any of the better elk units. I have hunted elk and killed a few bulls on any bull units. My question is, of all the units that i could possibly draw, which archery tag would you put in for and why? I am leaning toward the beaver unit because of recent success rates and its a for sure hunt next year and its closest other than the pahvant for me to scout. I will spend a lot of time scouting and I know I can find elk. I enjoy spot and stalk hunts so I like a little open country.

Are you a resident, if not you have to keep in mind beaver and monroe only have 1 nr tag so no guarentee for highest points.

I am a resident. I just live up in northern Utah. Beaver is about a 4.5 hour drive.

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably be looking at the Dutton Muzzy hunt... And by next year, it looks like you could be in the bonus tags for a Book Cliffs Muzzy tag... But I'm less convinced of the archery dates every year...

If you stick with archery, stick to the unit you know or can get to know the best. There is no guarantee that there are better elk between any of the units you suggested... You could pull a 350 bull out of any one of them.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom