LE and Anterless?

R

rellyarcher

So I drew a LE elk tag and was wondering on peoples opinion as if they would put in for an anterlerless tag as well for the same unit or not. I would be putting in for the Wasatch West tag and drew it last year so my chances aren't the best, but you never know. Plus I am an archery hunter, so it would be nice to have that tag in my pocket in my opinion for the first couple weeks of the hunt. Plus I can always hunt during the rifle hunt. Just wondering if others would apply also or focus primarily on the bull tag.

If Sportsmen/Hunters care about the Future of the Wasatch Elk Herd they should all apply for a Wasatch Tag & then send about 3500-4000 of them Cow Tags back to the DWR about December UN-PUNCHED!

No Fricken way this Unit is gonna survive with current Management!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

You think you work for the DWR or something, BESS!

JUDAS FRICKIN PRIEST!

Steve
Holder of a 2012 LE Utah Deer Tag!!

Uh NO Wisz!

I don't make that Claim!

Well Wisz!

On second thought!

I did Impersonate once!:D

I would not apply for a anterless tag if I already had a LE bull. I would want to focus all my time in filling my LE bull tag. I would get a preference point so that I had a better chance the following year to hunt anterless elk.

400bull

I agree with 400bull.

Focus only on the LE bull tag.

At best you'd waste 3 hunting days if you killed a cow.

You can get a cow tag any time you want but your bull tag is something special!

Zeke

I did the exact thing last year in that unit. I got the cow tag in hopes of maybe catching one close to the road on the bull hunt. That didnt happen. I was more focused on the bull tag then any thing, it doesnt help my dad had a bull tag as well. Needless to say I never killed my cow last year, and I got to hunt the Le bull hunt, the muzzy deer hunt, and then the cow hunt. By the time I got 2 bulls off the mountain and my deer, I really didnt care if I seen a cow to shoot. I would take the bonus point if I was to do it all over again

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom