Layton construction

nfh

Long Time Member
i just got done doing a job with this company and it was quite the interesting experience. anyone ever work a job with these clowns?

I see em around the State quite a bit!

What'd they pull off?

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

It all started when layton became the general on a new hospital. they got the job cause they told the hospital they could get the job done 6 months early. but we were not allowed to bid the job with overtime. so they started the job 3 months late cause they were worried about frost when frost was not a problem. well come janaury time we realized the job wasnt going to be done by april 28 and layton said if we didnt get it done in time then we will be fined. so we been working 7 days week working 10-12 hour days.

how is a company suppose to stay alive like this?

layton pushes the ceiling grid guys in before the painters and guys are cutting concrete while the painters are painting. what a joke. for the CT and RT room the walls get lined with lead. well what seemed to be some illegals on the job were cutting the lead with a router sending lead in the air.

i have never been on a job so unsafe. since a new hospital was attaching to the old part the remodel are there was a 4'by 4' hole in the ground. they refused to cover it up. a guy called osha and they never showed up. i later found out that our local osha guy goes to same church with these layton guys so i assume thats why he wont come out. one of my apprentices broke his leg and when i filed the paperwork osha still didnt show up.

i have talked to to other contractors and they refuse to bid a layton job so i wanted to see if other guys have had this problems?

Mr. Layton is Angel Moroni himself.....you shoulda seen this coming...

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I worked on a Layton job where half our pile of scrap wire would disappear nightly. I showed up one morning an hour early and watched the Layton superintendent walking out to his truck with an arm load of our scrap wire and stuff it in his tool box in the back of his truck. Should of seen the look on his face when we confronted him.

No estas en mexico ahora, entonces escoja tu basura
chancho sucio.

DON'T KNOW HOW LONG THEY'VE BEEN IN BUSINESS?

But damn sure long enough to know better than trying to pull that kinda BS Off!

Only worked around them once!

So?

If the Superintendant Steels,is it Ethical for him to run somebody else off if he catches them steeling?

>It all started when layton became
>the general on a new
>hospital.

for the
>CT and RT room the
>walls get lined with lead.
>well what seemed to be
>some illegals on the job
>were cutting the lead with
>a router sending lead in
>the air.
>
>i have never been on a
>job so unsafe. .

Wow, OSHA would love to hear about that. Big fines if that stuff is documented.

Nothing wrong with eating a few micrograms of lead with your lungs...as long as the lead is in the proper place to negate ALL the radiation that might get at the CT and Rad techs...

The Radiation you, as a patient recieves in a CT is negliagable... But imagine as a CT tech that wasn't as protected as assumed, after preforming 30 CT's a day...everyday...everyweek...for 5,10, 15, years....

Radiation Safety can and will trump OSHA on job bids...I would think.I mean if you can't put the lead in right...you don't get a second chance...unless you Low Bid the chit...and its someone else at risk so who cares.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Perty sad if it's come to 'The Job not being done Right'!

Guess I might be different than some?:D

But if somebody won't let me do the job right they can find somebody else to Foul it up!

Amazing some of the Poor Craftsmanship/Workmanship you can see these days!

So?

Who's the SUCK-ASS OSHA person?

And where are/were the Inspectors on that job?

No,I'm not saying Inspectors know everything,but Buildings such as a Hospital should be Inspected by Inspectors that do know what they are doing!

If I have to start Buying people off I'll just Bag It!

With the lead being installed they had the sheet-rockers do it.{so that means non-qaulified} not one guy could speak english. one of my electricans confronted a sheet rocker and ask if he was legal and he said no. they had quite the argrument.

Like i said guys called and osha time after time, then i later found out that the osha guy goes to church with the supers from layton. you would think after my apprentice broke his leg that they would show up. Now in my offfice i have to post a osha 300 form stating about the guy getting hurt. now this report hurts us for getting future jobs thanks to layton.

its funny someone mentioned copper getting stolen. we had thousands and thousands of 600 mcm wire stolen. we caught a layton labor doing to and layton refused to fire him. when one of my upper foremans said its time to do a police report then they fired him.

Safety is everyone's responsibility on a job, not just the GC's. I don't know anything about Layton so I am not defending them, but if it were me, I would have personally made sure the opening in the floor got covered even if I had to do it.

In construction their are clowns everywhere, might as well be a circus. I love it though, never a dull moment.

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

nfh,

What hospital (or at least what state) was this? I'd like to know so I never go there for anything.

EG

campfire2.gif
"A man can be hard to find in the mountains, but you're welcome at my fire anytime."

>
>Amazing some of the Poor Craftsmanship/Workmanship
>you can see these days!
>

Seems like anymore on a job the owner just wants the building slapped up overnight and then mnove in the next day. A hosiptal needs to have qauilty work done with all the things that take place in a hosiptal. Like i was saying before cutting lead is dangerous and we are adding onto the hositpal so the building is occupied with pateints and long term care and they could be exposed to the elements.
>
>So?
>
>Who's the SUCK-ASS OSHA person?

The osha rep. from what i was told is in the casper,wy area. the osha goes to church with the sheet metal guy along with the layton guys. its kinda funny how the sheet metal guy can run all his stuff not following the Bim and then we get screwed. funny how that works.
>
>And where are/were the Inspectors on
>that job?
>
>We have one inspector on the job which is the city inspector for the town of cody,wy. all he cares about seeing is fire caulk in our low-voltage stub ups and even fire caulk in the eye-of the screws holding up ceiling grid wire.{overkill in my eyes}

like someone stated saftey goes as far as you take it and is our responsbility. i cant argrue that but i can't run around all day putting out fires. i dont have to worry about it anymore cause im getting transfered to the oil feild and done being on layton jobs.

being an ironworker i worked with layton a lot. they are definately the worst to deal with. okland isnt too much better. big d is great to work with

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom