Layering Systems

M

MarshallBill5

I was just looking around at hunting clothing and was wondering if anyone has used the Sitka or Russell Outdoors APXg2 layering systems. I was just looking for some opinions on this gear from people that have used them.

If you can get past the sticker shock of Sitka gear it met every one of my expectations on my sheep hunt last year. I never got wet but there was a day that I never could get warm. It was 13 degrees in the AM and never got over 28 deg. all day. When I got back to the truck at the end of the day I discovered I left the pit zips open all day after opening them for the 3 mile hike in, in the morning. So I guess with considering the pit zips allowing cold air in all day it was not the gears fault I was cold! It is very durable also as most of the time I was sitting on very course and sharp lava type rocks with sharp little points and it held up great. I cannot see any signs of abrasions to the fabric. I would recommend to anyone that has the cash to invest.
BB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom