LAST RANT

ELK12

I AM ALL FOR LONG RANGE HUNTING SLASH SHOOTING!!

BUT PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF PETE IF YOU CAN'T MAKE THE SHOT PLEASE
DON'T TAKE THE SHOT!

ON THE LIMITED ENTRY BIG BULL HUNT I WAS GLASSING A DECENT BULL!! WHEN ALL OF THE SUDDEN HE IS GUT SHOT. WHEN I FIND THE HUNTERS THEY ARE ON THE OPPOSITE RIDGE SO I HIKE OVER TO TALK TO THEM I RANGE WHERE THE BULL WAS (1248 YARDS)!!!

NEXT MORNING I THOUGHT I WOULD RIDE OUT AND SEE IF THEY FOUND THE BULL!! SHOCKER THEIR IS NO ONE TO BE FOUND!! THEY DID'NT EVEN GO LOOK FOR THE BULL AND FOUND THEM A FEW RIDGES OVER HUNTING ANOTHER BULL!

" PEOPLE FOR THE LOVE HAVE SOME MORALS AND ETHICS" ITS NOT NEAT TO SAY YOU SHOT ONE AT X AND COULD'NT FIND IT

Yes they need to remember one thing before they pull the trigger. Am I willing to hike over there and check for blood ? If the answer is no. Don't take the shot ! If they had a spotter set up on a spotting scope to call the shot. They would have known they hit to far back. It's one thing to hit a paper target at 1000 yards with you 6.5 Creedmoor. Its another thing to put down a elk, yet alone a big bull.

This is becoming a common problem not only with rifle but also with archery. More and more of the archery shots I'm seeing on social media and you tube are to far IMO and head on shots are more common. Yes these shots can be lethal but by my count only half of these animals I've seen shot on youtube are going down quickly and ethically. When did 50% become the standard?? Rifle and Archery need a reset in ethics from what I'm seeing.

>Flatbrimmers!
>
>BOHNTR )))---------->

duh....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

"Dang. Thats just wrong"

That's long range hunting in a nut shell.

The wildlife we all love pay for this self absorbed bullshit with long - suffering- painful-wasted deaths.

The responsible sportsmen pay for this self absorbed bullshit with reduced tag numbers, and fewer hunting opportunities due to the dipshits wounding and losing so many.

So to summarize:

Dear hunting product company, if you sponsor any of the this bullshit not only am I not using your product, I'll actively campaign against your company and products.

Unfortunately, there is no law against losing an animal.
I wish they could somehow enforce rules like most private lands hunts use....you hit it, you bought it.

Losing game isn't just from long range rifles, we see it in the other two seasons as well.

There simply is not enough "ethical" hunters out there.
I personally know a guy who stuck and lost 2 bulls on the Dutton before finally notching his tag on a smaller "last day bull".

The only solution is policing ourselves, which we all know how that goes.

Slam is right. The sad truth is we now have 100 yd archers, 700 yd muzzleloaders. Way to many long range experts out there regardless of weapon. Being an ethical hunter is really what hunting is all about. Please teach your children this, as they are the future.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-07-19 AT 09:49PM (MST)[p]>Unfortunately, there is no law against
>losing an animal.
>I wish they could somehow enforce
>rules like most private lands
>hunts use....you hit it, you
>bought it.
>
>Losing game isn't just from long
>range rifles, we see it
>in the other two seasons
>as well.
>
>There simply is not enough "ethical"
>hunters out there.
>I personally know a guy who
>stuck and lost 2 bulls
>on the Dutton before finally
>notching his tag on a
>smaller "last day bull".
>
>The only solution is policing ourselves,
>which we all know how
>that goes.

Wanton waste is a law and very serious. If they wounded and didn't follow up and the bull dies, it is a big ticket, albeit tough to prove.

If I saw someone shoot and hit and didn't follow up I would call the wardon.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom