Last minute application

Whiterock

Very Active Member
I just filled out my application online.For the last few years I have relyed on leftover tags,but with the tag reductions that I havebeen told about,I decided to apply this year for the drawing.

Good luck to all that applied.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-14-12 AT 12:05PM (MST)[p]I haven't applied for a tag since the antelope I shot in 2009. However, last week another member and I decided to party up and try for tags in the unit where I hunt and the application is in. If we draw the tags, I'll be using that .243 Sako Forester I'm getting down in San Antonio next week that Dad left me. Oh, and it's for a goat tag, not elk, LOL!

Twenty years ago or so I met an outfitter from Craig Colorado that used a SAKO 243 for hunting there.He said he always waited untill all his clients were done hunting for the year then would go out and shoot a cow elk once they migrated down in late season on the ranch.

Good luck o the draw. The 243 caliber is a great flat shooting antelope caliber. Bagged several with them in the past.

When I was a kid I didn't know there even was any caliber other than the .243 Me and my brothers back in the day hunted everything you could think of with a .243

LAST EDITED ON Mar-14-12 AT 03:26PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-14-12 AT 02:02?PM (MST)

My 243 Browning is my favorite antelope rifle.I have it topped with a Simmons Whitetail Expedition 4-12x42 .Great set up.
Now my wife has taken over on it for Michigan whitetails.Leaves me my 30-06.

Whiterock---I already bought a 4-12x40 Leupold to go on that Sako I'm getting . Where do you hunt up here in MI? I've had my hunting place up near Kalkaska since 1973.

We rifle hunt on a farm south of Lake Isabella {deer heaven}.and also like to muzzleload and bow hunt west and a little north of Manistique in the U.P.

I live at a lake east of Remus.

I try to hunt out west every year,may not be as successfull as deer hunting in Michigan but sure is nice trip.Some beautiful country.
Looking at hunting arround Medicine Bow this year.Going to check out the Shirley Mountains for elk,just in case I ever draw.

TG- The 243 is one of my favorite calibers. Can't wait for Nosler to release the 90gr accubonds to try out! Should be a great bullet for the 243 although the 95/105VLD are my favorite right now.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom