Lassen California Antelope

larrbo

Very Active Member
Did anyone here hunt Antelope in the Lassen Zone during the early season last week? I will heading up there this weekend for my hunt. After 20 years of putting in, I finally drew a tag.

I was up at the Shinn ranch and saw a few.Not a whole lot of Antelope this year up there but if you drive the road between Ramshorn camp ground and the ranch you could shoot a 14 incher sooner or latter but theres not any bigger that I saw up there.Get good binos and do lots of glassing and keep checking differnt areas.On a side note gas was 3.35$ in Susanville so it gets a little expensive hunting up there.Good luck on your hunt...Devlin

I was up there this last weekend and saw two real nice 15-16" bucks up in painter flat. We were in NV hunting and saw most of the goats in CA. The area from Harrison Spring south thru Painter held a lot of animals. We ended up pulling out a 75 incher out of NV. close to there. Good luck!

Thanks guys, those are some of the areas that we scouted three weeks ago. I heard that the gas in Susanville was really high from a friend, so we are taking lots of gas with us. I can't wait for Saturday to get here.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom