Lasal cow elk hunt

Firescott1

Drew a cow elk rifle tag for the Lasal mountains. Spent 3 days scouting there last week and didn’t see any elk or sign. Frustrating. We concentrated on the Mt. Peale, South mountain area. Looked hard all over the southeast corner of the unit, I’m seeing that all the elk move onto the Redd Ranches as soon as the shooting starts?? Just trying to harvest my first elk and have no idea where to start there opening morning or what area to ne in to ambush them moving onto the private??

Drew a cow elk rifle tag for the Lasal mountains. Spent 3 days scouting there last week and didn’t see any elk or sign. Frustrating. We concentrated on the Mt. Peale, South mountain area. Looked hard all over the southeast corner of the unit, I’m seeing that all the elk move onto the Redd Ranches as soon as the shooting starts?? Just trying to harvest my first elk and have no idea where to start there opening morning or what area to ne in to ambush them moving onto the private??
Sounds like you have a good idea of what to do.
Plan on working for your cow. Last year I hunted at least five days on the archery hunt and never saw a spike or cow. Just big bulls.

Try to find a basin where there won’t be a pack of hounds barking up a storm. 😂

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom