Larry Landwehr-Chocolate Labs

brdhuntr

I'm looking for information to see if Larry Landwehr is still Breeding Chocolate Labs. I bought a dog from him in 2004,and was looking to get another pup started in a year or two. He is out of Utica KS. Any info. would be helpful.Thanks

Larry is gone. Last I heard he was in Jail. There was a Pointing Lab forum that said his wife left him because he was a liar and cheat. I also have one of his dogs. At first things were fine and we thought we had a great dog. Then, as things began to unfold, we realized Larry WAS a liar and cheat. The state raided his kennel and took all of his dogs. They were given away through the state animal shelter. People drove from all around to pick up the dogs. I love the dog I got from Larry, but would never deal with him sgain. The dog is a great hunting Lab but has horrible health problems, which didn't emerge until the dog was about 2 years old. The health problems include thyroid disorder and severe, extreme allergies which every vet I've taken him to says goes back to the breeder & his practices. We've spent thousands on this dog trying to improve his health to no avail. I've also been told that Larry has sold "Buster", his breeding Lab.

Another huge problem with Larry: I sent him money for a deer tag in late 2004 or early 2005 (I can't recall the exact date). I went out there to Kansas to pheasant hunt, and he tried to sell me the deer tag I had already sent him the money for. In the end, he gave me a deer tag (because he acknowledged I had actually already paid him for it). Long story short, a few days after the hunt I had a Kansas landowner call me and demand $3000.00 for the tag. Larry told him I had stolen the tag. I ended up sending the landowner my contract with Larry. Larry then asked me to send him the cut portion of the tag so he could give that back to the landowner.

I have warned everybody I can think of not to deal with this guy. He ended up charging my credit card illegally. He kept the credit card number on file from the time I had put down a deposit when I bought my dog from him in 2002. All of a sudden in 2005, there were random charges on there from Larry for no reason. I had to call the credit card company and report it as stolen and close the card because Larry was making illegal charges. If you bought your dog with a credit card, be warned. He probably still has your number on file.

Yeah i found out that he was a cheat and a liar in 2006 when my brother-in-law and i contacted him for a Whitetail/Pheasant hunt. He painted a rosey picture,and we really thought he was honest, but after i checked with some local people in Utica KS. we got a different perspective, whitch stated as you stated that he basically was the town drunk,and was not welcommend on anyone's land,as he said he basically had permission to hunt the whole county. Sorry to hear about your'e dog, we got lucky with our female,and she will be seven in May, and has truly been a blessing to the family. Hopefully be able to find some breeders with the Hershey linage,when it's time to get another one started.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-11 AT 01:00PM (MST)[p]My dog is a big male and a hunting machine. His health problems have been a drag but he is a great hunting companion with a hunting drive that won't end. He is nine today with an old grey muzzle :(

brdhuntr, i know your probably not near the state of Washington but that is where i got my pointing lab. He is a great dog and his Blood lines are unreal. I got him from Steve and Julie Moore of Shade Tree Kennels. They are going to have another litter in a year or two, you should look them up at stkpointers.com Their breeding is one of a kind, I have guarantees for my pups health or else refundable and or a new pup. The hunting instincts on my dog Goose is absolutely unreal, i can't keep him off of a birds scent if i tried, and he also finds sheds. He was even genetically tested for the hip disorder and passed 100%. anyways look them up and if you are interested pm me. Steve is a one of a kind breeder and only has one female at a time which can prove to you his desire to have the best labs possible. Find the horn Goose !
9553100_1587.jpg
2766100_1610.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom