Lake Powell Fishing

Onthehoof

My family and I are going out to Lake Powell this Thursday through Sunday and I am hoping to take some of the nephews and my son fishing a little during the trip. We will just take the ski boat out in the early morning or later evening time. I have read a little about looking for boils and fishing them, but was wondering if anyone wanted to share some tips for catching striped bass? Do you use lures or just bait fish? Anchovies? Think we can just float the boat and drop hooks in the water? How deep do you think we need to try and be? Hopefully I have some pictures to share with you all after this weekend. Thanks!

Bait fish should have spawned and if bass are chasing bait fish there should be some awesome top water action! Local shops will have the best most up to date info. Honestly not much is better than top water bass action IMO haha

My family and I are going out to Lake Powell this Thursday through Sunday and I am hoping to take some of the nephews and my son fishing a little during the trip. We will just take the ski boat out in the early morning or later evening time. I have read a little about looking for boils and fishing them, but was wondering if anyone wanted to share some tips for catching striped bass? Do you use lures or just bait fish? Anchovies? Think we can just float the boat and drop hooks in the water? How deep do you think we need to try and be? Hopefully I have some pictures to share with you all after this weekend. Thanks!
North or south end?

Bait fish should have spawned and if bass are chasing bait fish there should be some awesome top water action! Local shops will have the best most up to date info. Honestly not much is better than top water bass action IMO haha
Thanks! I know I have a few boys that are excited! Hopefully we can catch a few.

Take castmasters. If the stripers are boiling throw out in front of the school in the direction they are traveling and reel in somewhat quickly.
They will hammer it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom