Kuiu Merino

G-Hought3

I went out this past weekend for the bowhunt and wore my kuiu merino wool top for the first time. I put a stalk on some bucks and when I got back home I realized I had several small holes in my shirt. It had to be from the brush but I don't remember walking through anything particularly thick. Has anyone else had problems with this? Kind of made me wonder about the quality of their material.

I noticed the instructions say they are to be stored in plastic to keep moths from eating them. That may be the problem but I also think it was made as an under layer rather than an outer shirt.

Caught mine on some oak brush and put a hole in it last week. I don't necessarily think it is a Kuiu issue, I've heard the same about many brands of Merino wool. It has great properties but strength, especially while going through brush is not one of them.

I wear my Ibex and Smartwool Merino wool as an outer layer all the time and have had no issue with getting holes in them. I would send it back for a replacement.

My wife uses the FirstLite Chama 1/4 zip and I use the original KUIU 230(?) 1/4 zip as our primary outer layers while hiking. Never had a hole in either of them. Hopefully the new stuff isn't less durable than the original.

Grizzly

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom