Kowa TSN 661 or Leupold Kenai???

nvborn

Does anyone have experience with the lower end Kowa spotters such as the 661? These are the scopes with the ?normal? glass, not the Prominar. I see alot of good info on here about the 663 Prominar and the steps above, but I haven't seen anything on the non-prominar models. Is the difference between the "normal" and Prominar lenses pretty drastic? Worth the extra $500?

I am not ready to shell out $2500 for a spotter, but I am trying to consider all of the decent scopes in my $1000 price range. I know a Swarovski, Leica, Zeiss, higher end Kowa, etc. would be better, but that boat is not the one I am in.

I am considering the Kowa TSN 661 (66mm) or the Leupold Kenai (80mm). Since I am looking for the most bang for my buck, I cant help but notice the Leupold has two eyepieces and an HD lens.

Any constructive input would be appreciated.

If you have the money buy the Prominar. If not still buy Kowa.... My uncle told me he was looking into the Kowa's because his buddy was a rep for them and could get him a good deal i kinda laughed about the kowa because i heard only the 80mm was the only one worth buying..... I put the Prominar and regular one up next the the Swaro 65mm Hd and the Razor hd. I was so impressed! Edge to edge clarity was good. light gathering on the Kowa was amazing for a 60 mm scope! The Regular kowa and the Razor hd In my opinion were almost 6's and the Swaro and the Prominar were just about the same. I have looked through alot of glass and i know you wont be disappointed with the Kowa. I have looked through the Leupold but not right next to the Kowa. But i would pick up the Kowa any day if you can afford the prominar i would get it but if not still get the regular kowa you wont regret it
Hopefully that helps. You can pm me if you have any other questions.

I had a Kowa and regretably sold it. It was a great spotter and used as much if not more by the bird watchers that treat there spotters like we do our guns.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom