Kodiak charters

mntman

Long Time Member
We are looking into booking a hunt/fishing combo with Kodiak charters. Have any of you hunted with them? Did you hunt the reindeer (caribou) along with deer.

I searched on here and found two guys that had negative comments about them but didn't say why. I PM'd them but thought someone else has been with them recently.
Thanks for any help.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

I assume you are referring to Randy and Terry Blondin of Larsen Bay, Kodiak, Alaska? Kodiak Charters?

http://www.kodiak-charters.com/

They offer unguided deer hunts and fishing charters to their guests staying at the lodge in Larsen Bay. I hunted with them 3 years ago for Sitka Deer. Good people, good food, good price. As a guide in Alaska, I have a different perspective on rules and regs that come along with guiding. I would just be sure to understand that it would not be a GUIDED hunt. The state has really cracked down on licensed transporters acting as hunting guides. They can not offer "semi-guided hunts" or "guided hunts". All they can do is simply transport you to a hunting area YOU like and drop you off, pick you up. All I am saying is be careful what you get yourself into. As far as the reindeer/caribou, be careful as well. They are NOT easy to hunt and usually require an expensive separate air charter to somewhere else on the island to find them. You will not be able to find them via the ocean beach.

Hope that helps.

- Austin A Atkinson
www.AAAOutdoors.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom